IW STi Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
IWSTI is being hijacked by hackers.

Occasionally the site will load, then it gets redirected to a site that wants you to "click here" or whatever.

·
Administrator
246 Posts
Believe I know what this is, and it isn't the site being compromised.

Am I right to assume you are coming to the site via a mobile device? Tablet or phone?

Kevin

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No.

It's your site. I've seen this before with a couple other sites and it was the site. It's common enough a popular weather site was compromised a year ago or so. The site is redirected to a red screen that makes it look like your computer is trying to save you from an attack and, of course, there is a big "click here" button which downloads and installs the malware in your computer instead of redirecting you to safety.

·
Administrator
246 Posts
Ok. My first hunch was incorrect then.

Do you get it on all pages or just certain ones? I haven't gotten any other reports from other users, have you done a malware check on your browser?

What browser are you using?

Kevin

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok. My first hunch was incorrect then.

Do you get it on all pages or just certain ones? I haven't gotten any other reports from other users, have you done a malware check on your browser?

What browser are you using?

Kevin
Current and updated win10/Chrome. It's only happened a couple times, browser goes directly to new posts, then redirects.

The last time I saw this was several years ago, I forget the name of the malware though.

·
Super Moderator
8,028 Posts
This isn't a malware issue. It's happened on multiple sites and was always related to one of the ad delivery companies. It happened here a couple years ago and the fix was removing one of the companies from the list.

·
Premium Member
5,393 Posts
Is no one monitoring?

·
Premium Member
5,393 Posts
Cool - did know you were / could do that :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts