IW STi Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey forum, can anyone recommend me an insurance for drivers with bad record, My record is not so good, but i never had DUI or license suspension or anything like that, just had and accident and some tickets a while ago.
The problem with my insurance is that im under 25 years old, bad record, and sports car (16 sti). Im getting some ridiculously expensive rates everywhere, I first got an Esurance which was a good rate, then after reviewing everything on me the raised it soo high its almost double of my car payments.

Im NOT looking for Cheap insurance, i just dont want it to be ridiculously expensive.

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Whats expensive to you? I pay $1600 a yr and thats cheap for this car where I am. Some people complain about $80 a month in other parts of the country. My brand new truck when I was 25 with one accident was $2040 a yr. My 2014 mustang GT with no accidents over 25 yrs old was 900 a yr. I still have no accidents and am now a few years older and the STI is $1600 go figure. If I buy a beater and just do liability it is $480 a yr lol. One thing I found out over time is you can call three different insurance companies and get three completely different prices all over the spectrum so shop around.

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
wow $3600 a yr to $6000 a yr. Around here thats usually someone with 8 or more points on their record driving a 10 yr old car. If thats the case then their is nothing you can do. Each point on your license usually carries a 15-20% price increase on your premium. If you have 4 or more points an STI I would say will be way to expensive to even consider. Doesnt hurt to try shopping around though.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Area affects rates along with coverages and deductibles.

I am 30 with no accidents or ticket on record.

If I insure just my STI it is 1800+ a year and that is with me driving it less than 5500 miles a year.

covereage is 300,000 ; 100,000 ; 25,000 with 250 deductible

biggest portion of my costs equates to the low deductible, I could shave probably 300 or more by raising my deductible.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts