IW STi Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have a high pitched rattle coming from center console area? I hear it when I'm on highway and it's driving me NUTS. I had to drive for 2 hours on the highway today listening to that sh!t. :banghead: I can't even locate the exact location of the rattle... Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have heard of a similar problem regarding the same issue of rattling, but it was from the coilovers when the rubber seal got worn away.

·
Registered
726 Posts
try putting some pressure on the glove compartment as well as the drivers side headlight leveling area on the left side...i had too much pressure in my tires the other day and i had new rattles in those places that sounded like they were coming from the center.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nope, no short shifter. So it's not the reverse lockout... I'll try the glovebox and whatnot. But I think it might be the uppipe heatshield's broken spot weld that some people have experienced and my ears probably played tricks on me to think that it's coming fron center console... Anyway, thanks for the help and suggestions so far. :)

·
Registered
692 Posts
Do you have a plastic bottle in the cup holder? I get an annoying rattle when ever I place one in there, especially since most plastic bottles do not fit it well. To get rid of it, I just use a napkin or something to stop it.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No plastic bottle... and it was metal to metal rattle. I noticed my shifter trim was very loose like I mentioned in my other thread, so I'm gonna see if fixing that will get rid of the noise.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Okay... after hearing it for another 2 hours, maybe it's not metal to metal, but more like metal to plastic. After that, I took highway off ramp pretty fast and noticed something rolling around in my dash... probably loose screw or something. Any idea what it could be? I'm taking it to a dealer on Thursday to fix my interior lights so I guess I'll just mention it then and have them fix it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts