IW STi Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know where to get gas with an octane above 91 in the Denver area? What about racing gas? :roll:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Choice of Java black STi instead of aspen white

There is a station (Conoco I believe) at C-470 and Santa Fe that sells 100 octane. I do not know the cost.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
There is Amoco/BP at 32nd and Wadsworth- 100 Octane unleaded. I am looking into doing the Toulene route. You can apparently source that stuff for around 5.50 per gallon, and you would only need 1.5 gallons per tank to get to 93 Octane. You need 4 gallons of 100 to get to 93, at 4.00 a gallon last time I checked.

I am going to check this out with Bret and get back to you all about this. :)

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
rwroth said:
There is a station (Conoco I believe) at C-470 and Santa Fe that sells 100 octane. I do not know the cost.
I went to this Conoco station yesterday and added enough of their "Race Gas" to bring my octane up to 94. But, I was dissappointed that it cost $4.70 per gallon, :cry: so I doubt that I'll be doing this on a regular basis. I'm afraid my STi is just going to have to get used to 91 octane. I've heard that at this altitude gas acts like it has a higher octane than it does at sea level, so perhaps it's as if we were using 93 octane at sea level. :-?

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Well, as long as you aren't having problems with Power and Ping, 91 should be fine at this altitude.

However, when driving the car like it is meant to be driven :), I can attest that a 100 Octane/91 Octane mix did make a noticable difference. Worth $20 extra per tank? Maybe.

·
Registered
19 Posts
"Farmcrest" stations carry 93 but I've had at least one bad tank from them before in my last rex. Threw check engines lights left and right. :-?

I've filled every STi tank so far at the Farmcrest station on 287 near Berthoud. If you take 287 North away from Longmont you will hit the station where the highway curves east toward Berthoud. Look for the 93 super sign.

Cheers!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Dugan's Petroleum. Off of Santa Fe -Heading South take the turn immediately after "All Stars" , the frontage road takes you right there. 100 octane is about 2.50/gal. (At least the last time I went) :wink:

·
Registered
175 Posts
You may also want to try the stuff we carry out ... either the GTA, which will enhance the 91 you are using ....

Or, the Torco, which will definitely raise your octane ... In summer months I used a whole 32 oz can to a full tank of gas. In the winter I am using a half can with a full tank ...

Check it out ....

http://www.need4speedpower.com

·
Premium Member
245 Posts
93.5 premium at Petro Stop -

S Parker Road & E Quincy Ave , on the west side of the road.

They've carried it for years to fuel up the speedboats using the Cherry Creek Reservoir a 1/4 mile north of the station.

As you fill up , its like a muscle car show there ... every make - every year of performance cars waiting to get their share .

and its the same price as 91 octane anywhere else. 8)

·
Registered
530 Posts
Hey, did you know that at Petro Stop, it is CHEAPER than 91 EVERYWHERE else? It's awesome, always go there, even when it's out of the way!

·
Registered
158 Posts
Dugan's Peroleum? Closed. 32nd & Wadsworth station? Closed. Berthoud Farmcrest station on 287? Still open for 93 octane! Currently $2.09/gallon, which is cheaper than 91 at a lot of stations now. 30 minutes from my house, but with the stage 1 93 octane Accessport map, it's worth the drive.

·
Registered
352 Posts
OA5599 said:
93.5 premium at Petro Stop -

S Parker Road & E Quincy Ave , on the west side of the road.

They've carried it for years to fuel up the speedboats using the Cherry Creek Reservoir a 1/4 mile north of the station.

As you fill up , its like a muscle car show there ... every make - every year of performance cars waiting to get their share .

and its the same price as 91 octane anywhere else. 8)
Paid $2.02/gal yesterday. Been filling up there since I got the AP so I can run the 93 map.

·
Premium Member
245 Posts
lately i've been having trouble accessing the Petro Stop for the last couple of weeks with construction on E Quincy Ave and on S Parker Road south of the station.

so I've been going to the Tech Center Sinclair at 7699 East Bellview -
NE corner of E Bellview and I 25.

i'm using a 1 to 3 mix of Sunoco GT 100 unleaded ($4.49) and Sinclair 91 unleaded ($2.15).
costs a bit more, but i'm in the 93.5 + octane range.

might be an illusion, but it seems to run a bit stronger and feels a bit more responsive .

some of these have been mentioned, but thisSunoco's list of Colorado
GT 100 pump locations.

http://www.racegas.com/gt100locals/default.asp

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
WTB: 05 STI BBS RIMS

Here is a link to a pretty comprehensive list of where to get race gas:

<a href="http://octane.jsalmi.com/">Colorado Race Gas</a> :evil:

http://octane.jsalmi.com/

On a side note, why is the HTML code not working? It says it's on!?!

·
Registered
2,555 Posts
OA 5599 I am surprized that I dont ever run into you at that gas station. I am about 2 miles from there and always fill up at that station(during non crazy time) like 8ish at night or 230 in the afternoon.

·
Premium Member
245 Posts
denver133 - its a mystery.

seems like i'm at the station all the time.

and i've been using the wand car wash at smokey hill and chambers .

·
Registered
467 Posts
How about Colorado Springs? I should be buying a house there...and moving in about 5-6 months. I just returned and was very surprised to see only 91 octane. I guess I would've thought that the altitude would've meant higher octane. All I know is that either the Dodge Neon I rented had 48 hp stock, or the altitude really affects power. Is there a Petro Stop in CO Springs?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts