IW STi Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was coasting in my 06 sti with the car idling at about 750 rpm. I fully depressed the clutch and slipped the car into gear and the rpms increase to about 1250 rpm while the clutch is still depressed. It does it in every gear, the rpms stay high till i come to a complete stop then it drops to idle. Car only has 400 miles on it and completley stock. This normal? or should i take it in to the dealership?

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
i've noticed that when my car is at idle and i press the clutch my rpms rise also but never noticed it when i was driving. Ive had my car for 2 years and its still does it.

·
Registered
100 Posts
david9862 said:
I was coasting in my 06 sti with the car idling at about 750 rpm. I fully depressed the clutch and slipped the car into gear and the rpms increase to about 1250 rpm while the clutch is still depressed. It does it in every gear, the rpms stay high till i come to a complete stop then it drops to idle. Car only has 400 miles on it and completley stock. This normal? or should i take it in to the dealership?
I am assuming the engine is warm?
My 94 Miata did the same thing.

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
normal, it's to help keep vacuum assist for the power brakes as well as provide enough power for the other accessories (alternator, power steering, etc)

·
Registered
4,511 Posts
Its normal :tup:

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
it doesn't care if it's in gear, it cares that the load on the engine is zero and the wheel speed sensor it not zero, to supply proper power to the accessory systems I noted.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Mine does the same thing, except for me its the difference of idling at 1k normally and 1500-2k while rolling with the clutch depressed in gear. I have TGV deletes, though, which is why my idle is so high.

·
Premium Member
4,416 Posts
luSTI said:
Mine does the same thing, except for me its the difference of idling at 1k normally and 1500-2k while rolling with the clutch depressed in gear. I have TGV deletes, though, which is why my idle is so high.
And don't forget the injectors. Those Helix 860's hate stock idle settings.

t

·
Registered
35 Posts
bringing back this old ass thread.. did you ever figure this out? ym 15 sti is doing the same thing and it is annoying as F.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts