IW STi Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys... the high beams stopped working properly on my 08 STi... It's bizarre... when you turn them on, you only get the DRL brightness lights... Unplug one bulb, and the other goes to full brightness...

I swapped the fuse for the high beams, no change.
Another odd, thing, if you unplug the DRL module, the high beams don't work, period...

anyone else had this issue?

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'll tell them about the bulletin. The hillarious part is: I took it to the dealer... they said it was caused by my Alpine NAV unit and wanted me to remove it (HAHAHA)

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Took the fuse box off as the bulletin described. The larger of the two connectors was corroded so bad that one of the wires fell off... (the high beam relay wire?) The dealer told me the bulletin didnt exist, and that I still needed to take the radio out, so i fixed it myself. The stupid dealer in question is Schaller Subaru in Middletown, CT.

They should be thanking me, I saved them from ordering a 1k dollar part (the body control module, which is what they wanted to replace to fix it.)

·
Registered
101 Posts
The Subaru of America Bulletin does not list the erratic High Beam issue like the Canadian Bulletin does.

Explain that one to me.

·
Registered
710 Posts
I have. Playing with the plug a bit more over the weekend to see if I can sort the issue. Has anyone has success with replacing this piece? Have a part number?

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have. Playing with the plug a bit more over the weekend to see if I can sort the issue. Has anyone has success with replacing this piece? Have a part number?
Yea I am having issues as well, my high beams don't work. When driving at night and I try to use the flash mode to flash people who drive with their brights I only hear the relay for the fogs go on and off and no brights. I assumed it was the relay under the hood and bought a new one. It was cheap so I didn't mind if that wasn't the fix. Still not sure where else to look into this. Any new issues with high beams not working?

I have the diode dynamics c lights and have had these installed maybe a year and half as well and now the brights don't work. I even unplugged everything to hook back up the stock way and still nothing. 2015 STI here in case anyone was going to ask lol.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts