IW STi Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, does anyone have any idea if there is a "hidden" menu for the non-nav head unit used on the 2011 and up? I know there is for the nav unit, and the newer 4.3" unit, but I haven't seen anything for the regular unit yet. The hidden menu for those units lets you change many things, including the factory EQ!!

I know there is a tsb (15-145-10) that talks about an update which might have the procedure for checking firmware in it, but I do not have access to TSB's. If anyone has access to the full TSB would they mind PMing me? I could check it out and see if there is anything that might help.

Anyone have any idea? I love the functionality of these units, but HATE the crappy stock EQ.

Thanks for any ideas!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It seems as though many Clarion OEM head units do have this. I've tried methods I've found for volvos, but no luck.

Does anyone have access to that TSB??

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
This would be AWESOME. In for the answer!

Hopefully the new firmware fixes the annoying issue where the HU will start the Bluetooth audio even though you aren't even on that input. My iPhone's battery will be grateful.

·
Registered
38 Posts
The tsb says to hold 5 - 6 and text. this will display the firmware model. to update the firmware you need a usb drive with the proper firmware on it. To begin the update, hold 5 - 6 and cd/aux (i think that is the one) and it will update.

in other words, no hidden menu used to update firmware

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The only thing I've figured out how to change is the backlight settings by holding, 5,6 and the down button once your in the firmware menu

·
Registered
1 Posts
The tsb says to hold 5 - 6 and text. this will display the firmware model. to update the firmware you need a usb drive with the proper firmware on it. To begin the update, hold 5 - 6 and cd/aux (i think that is the one) and it will update.

in other words, no hidden menu used to update firmware
Hola - i realise this an old post to this forum however I have one of these old cars now (who knew 2011 would be “old” hey?)

ok so
1: where do I find the firmware updates?
2: where is the USB to install the firmware update?

the unit is CZ624UI
The car is: 2011 Subaru Impreza

i have already figured out the hidden menu to properly configure the sound.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts