IW STi Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Calgary

Transporter_STi said:
I really want HID's on my car, since my last one had them.
What is the best direction to go?
You can add aftermarket ones... My friend can get them for CDN $800 to $1000. To install HID is not an issue, at the worse you can get parts from the states.

I would instead worry about the cops... Doesn't matter if you can fight the ticket or not. He write you a ticket, he/she won, you lose your time and money.

But if you are cool with that... Aftermarket HID kid can be had for cheap. But I would spend more to get a set of good quality kit though

·
Registered
41 Posts
If I do get the STi, HID is almost a must to me. Because my car has it now, and I do "feel" that HID makes a difference. As far as which route to go. I think I had stick to Subaru OEM stuff, either order from the states, or Japan.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Sorry I don't have any pics of my HID right now. Hopfully soon. I bought my HIDS from xenondepot.com, they are from TO, one of the best places cause they use full Philip/Hella products, not like some other places that offer you Philip/Hella balasts then give you some crap HID blub made in god knows where!! I have a 6000K kit from them, they look great, and most importantly I can see the road!! :D I think my kit came to about $900 shipped to my house. Give them a call and ask for Steve! Hope this helps

Kevin

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks bro! It helps alot.
I asked the dealer today about hid's and they told me subaru is considering offering the hid's in canada very soon, so he told me they will
have some information soon.

How did you find the install of the hid?
Details if possible.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I just bought some 2004 Sti HID headlamps and ballasts from Japan. I was wondering if anyone knows if they have day time running light over there? also did I not read somewhere that the HID lights had manual aiming?

·
Registered
2,482 Posts
akillya said:
I just bought some 2004 Sti HID headlamps and ballasts from Japan. I was wondering if anyone knows if they have day time running light over there? also did I not read somewhere that the HID lights had manual aiming?
Not sure if they have DRL in Japan, but the USDM model doesn't. It does have the manual aiming. There are four settings with 0 being the highest and 3 the lowest.

I know that doesn't help with your Japanese lights but maybe they are the same or similar.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
RadarOnPaws said:
akillya said:
Not sure if they have DRL in Japan, but the USDM model doesn't. It does have the manual aiming. There are four settings with 0 being the highest and 3 the lowest.

I know that doesn't help with your Japanese lights but maybe they are the same or similar.
If I am correct about this, you will notice that your left light is brighter than the right, where in north america it is the right side that is brigther.

Also what did it cost you to do this?

·
Registered
25 Posts
I found the part number for the JDM headlight leveling switch. Its 83011FE010. My dealer will sell it for $68.00cdn. I still need to find the headlight motor harness that runs between the switch and the headlights. My contact in japan is looking for it or the part number.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
akillya said:
I found the part number for the JDM headlight leveling switch. Its 83011FE010. My dealer will sell it for $68.00cdn. I still need to find the headlight motor harness that runs between the switch and the headlights. My contact in japan is looking for it or the part number.
How come you didn't buy an after market HID kit?

·
Registered
7 Posts
akillya said:
That's NOT a good idea!
JDM headlamps have the cutt-off on the wrong side, and you will be blinding EVERYONE!!!!
They drive on the left over there, just like in GB or IRL!

The thing to do, is to buy Euro spec headlamps used on the *Continent* as the Brits would say - places like Germany, France, Italy...those will work perfectly well in Canada, and are legal!!!

Suggest you send the JDM lamps back to Japan!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts