IW STi Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SOA better make sure that those HID lights cannot just be pulled out. it looks like they fit perfectly on the WRX. Those Acura and Maxima lights are hot items to steal right now and it should be the same once the STI comes out. How much do you guys think they should cost? Heck, I'm more worried about the whole car being jacked!

·
Registered
3,816 Posts
I would be that they would fit right in to a WRX.

Since its OEM my guess would be about $1000K a piece for the whole assembly pair with HID ballasts and wiring. If you look aftermarket you can get a HID kit from anywhere from $300 on up to 1000+ depending on the sytle and bulb.

I'm not liking the idea that this might be a high theft item..I figure I will drive a POS as much as I can...and enjoy the STi (with alarm) when I'm not at work, etc.

·
Registered
886 Posts
i don't think subaru's are on the auto-theft level, or anywhere near it for that matter, that Hondas are on.

·
Registered
3,816 Posts
Very true chawklit, and I would imagine the Evo will have more thefts than the STi.

Of course since this car will be more rare than most cars on the streets, I think it would be a good candidate for those who already own a WRX to pick one up and do a "full swap" of parts onto their car. :evil:

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
I have yet to see a car with a set of headlights you would call "simply pull out".

If they can get under your hood, the least of your worries should be the headlights!

·
Registered
91 Posts
stealing hid assemblies is big right now, whether they "just pull out" or not. as far as getting under the hood, well, leave it to 17yr old thieves to go for the headlights and leave the turbo / intercooler / engine...

·
Registered
432 Posts
All I have to say if someone has the balls to steal my STi or ANYTHING from it they better pray to god or whoever they pray to that I dont find them cus if I do........Yea.. :evil:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts