IW STi Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Ah, it's a beautiful thing....I was also born in Fairbanks, Alaska and lived there for just about a third of my life. I miss it terribly, especially around this time of year because of KING SALMON fishing on the Gulkana and Kenai Rivers.....Now, I live in Texas, which doesn't have quite the same hunting opportunities, but the weather is a lot for agreeable....especially with basically 365 days a year sports car weather...

M

·
0 Posts
I only lived there like 3 years, don't remember a damn thing about Alaska, but I tell you what, it has helped me pick up tons of women down here in the south. It's so much better of an answer to the most boring question that almost always starts conversations with strangers, :)

I do plan on going back one day just to see it, but haven't ever gotten around to it.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Is the highway to Alaska paved all the way now? I see all kinds of vehicles here in AZ with Alaska plates. I saw a old man and woman that had to be in their 80's in a new corvette with Alaska plates last winter. He even gave me a thumbs up for my STI.

·
Registered
136 Posts
wow,never noticied the ak topic on the forum.thought it was only on the other forum.not to active,8 posts in 4 months.anyway hi from the mat-su valley.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Whew hoo....another "Sourdough"...love it!....Goin' back next summer to hit the rivers and just enjoy some "home" time.....

·
Registered
136 Posts
best summer ever,4 days of rain all summer and the rest have been hi 60s in morning to hi 80s and some low 90 temps all summer long.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Well dang...hopefully next summer will be the same....where at do you live in AK?

·
Registered
136 Posts
Brembos save the day!

i live in palmer,40 miles north of anchorage.home of the mat su valley and the giant vegetables.

·
Registered
11 Posts
ive been a memeber for lil over a year. w/ only one post. lol. :) it was right before i joined, now im stationed in the big AK!

this past summer was F'ing fantastic! i hope this one is just as good. i wouldnt mind rain, kus i heard it usually rains a lot, but i just want this snow to be done with. i modded my car before joining, not knowing where i was going. and my car is basically useless when it snows.

btw, im from Anchorage. (Elmendorf)

i think a guy just got stationed here or something, but hes got a black STI. wow. i cant help but look.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Re: RE: guy got zapped in front of my house just now

Anchorage.....haha..that's not the "real" Alaska. That's where people from all of central and north AK go to during the winter to warm up. Being right on the bay, it stays pretty warm most all year round as compared to the interior. Regardless, the yearly fur trades and conventions are fun there. Plus, you have real malls and a Popeyes chicken last time I was there....ha Enjoy!

·
Registered
2 Posts
i live on elmendorf right next to boniface gate, but i drive a black 04 civic si, i'm not to happy about it, but i am planning on selling the si and getting a STI, so far i seen a blue sti with blue mudd flaps and tanabe exhaust and i seen a black one with couple stickers on the door, i seen more but those are the only ones i've sen on base, if anyone would like to show me what a real car looks like give me ring at 743-0386 names tony

·
Registered
5 Posts
RE: Stock injectors with upgraded turbo

Howdy. Just saw this section and just giving a shout out. I'm usually on the alaska forum on NASIOC but this is new.

·
Registered
6 Posts
RE: Bought a Valentine 1 with my Tax Refund... What will you

Whats up...i totally forgot about this website...good place to find sti pieces :)

1 - 20 of 27 Posts