IW STi Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Hell yeah! Now this is a team you can really be proud of.

So.....who's gunna be 3? Please say there will be 3! I'm pulling for someone like Armin Schwarz....I think that guy has potential in a real car. Any other non-podiums we'd want?

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Unfortunately, I doubt either Subaru or ford will have a third driver. Which sucks because that limits them to a low spot on the manu points championship.

BUT, with this new 3rd driver rule they might just have a chance at a second. It will be a lot closer than usual...

·
Registered
146 Posts
Sha_zapple said:
Unfortunately, I doubt either Subaru or ford will have a third driver. Which sucks because that limits them to a low spot on the manu points championship.

BUT, with this new 3rd driver rule they might just have a chance at a second. It will be a lot closer than usual...
I agree it sucks Suby will not have a third driver as David Lapworth has stated they will no go that route. But Ford has had three drivers for several years as they do this year in Martin, Duval, and Hirvonen. Are they planning on dropping one of them next year? I had not heard that.

http://www.fordrallyesport.com/index2.asp

·
Registered
347 Posts
Yeah, two sides to every story I guess. In any case Peugeot had to get rid of one of their three (or four, with Panizzi), and they sure weren't going to dump "Magic Marcus." My guess is that they were just going to wait for the first of the others to get a deal somewhere else, and say then release a statement saying that they didn't want that one anyway, regardless of who it actually was.

Personally, I don't care that Peugeot "didn't want" him. There are two facts that cannot be ingored: 1) Burns is leading the championship this year so far, and 2) Subaru is much easier to spell than Peugeot.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
How do you figure the teams will go next year?

Subaru - Petter Solberg, Richard Burns
Ford - Marko Martin, Francois Duval, Mikko Hirvonen(?)
Peugeot - Marcus Grunholm...Colin Mcrae(?)
Citroen - Sebastien Loeb, Carlos Sainz
Mistubishi - ?
Skoda - same as this year?
Hyundai - same?

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Panizzi is rumored to be very close to a deal with Mitsu.

I figured someone like Armin Schwarz would make a good 3rd driver for one of the bigger teams, unless he really wants to put up with that damn new Fabia.

Haha, and speaking of Panizzi......he really shot at the team!

http://www.worldrallynews.com/cgi-bin/viewnews.cgi?newsid1061366689,88428,

Makes sense though

·
Registered
58 Posts
Another thing that has to be taken into consideration is the expansion of the calendar to 16 rounds - with the addition of Mexico and Japan (possibly).

The extra finance needed for these two events (which manufacturers ahve to compete in) would simply be too much for running a third car.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Itll be a long shot for Colin to go to peugeot since they already have marcus and rovanpera. Itll be awesome if he goes to mitsu and they have colin drive number one and alister drive number two. the two mcraes. That would also mean a lot of re-programming for "Colin McRae Rally" since he keeps on changing teams every year ;)

·
Registered
273 Posts
I would love to see Colin at Mitsu, but you won't see the 2 McCraes together as they "let" Alister go.

Mitsu really needs one more good driver. Its nice that they have Panizzi, but he isn't "all that." Colin would be a nice complement, especially on gravel

·
Registered
273 Posts
Re: High Performance All-season Tires

J4MIE said:
Depending on how the new Mitsubishi performs, I would have to disagree that Panizzi isn't "all that".

Remember he was 7th on the Acropolis in a Bozian car!
Well, I hope you are right. I guess we will find out after the next 3 rallies.

·
Registered
273 Posts
J4MIE said:
Maybe not 3 (Monte Carlo, Sweden & Mexico), but I'd say 5-6.
I was talking about Panizzi's performance during the next 3 rallies this year (Italy, France, Spain)

·
Registered
58 Posts
Re: Questions About Tires, Stereo, and A/C

I don't think he has anything left to prove on tarmac, although maybe he will try 3 donuts this time 8)

I think if the Lancer turns out to have improved much over the last time then he will do well - he can only improve on gravel, much like Marcus was getting criticised for not doing too much on tarmac (he nearly won in Germany).

I wish him luck :)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts