7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
year:2010
model: STI Hatch
wheel model: Enkei TS-V
wheel size/offset: 18x9.5 38 or 45
tire size: 235 40 18
suspension: Stock, looking into HKS Coils
fender mods: None. Would consider rolling if needed but don't have easy access !

Just looking for advice ! I'm not married to these numbers as I'm just looking for a clean fitment and they are just what I have found as potential fits. Advice is appreciated.

·
Registered
720 Posts
I THINK the +38 will work better, you may need to roll the fenders but with that tire stretch you may be able to get away without it.

if you do any tracking/aggressive driving a 255 tire would be a better option on a 9.5 wheel.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I THINK the +38 will work better, you may need to roll the fenders but with that tire stretch you may be able to get away without it.

if you do any tracking/aggressive driving a 255 tire would be a better option on a 9.5 wheel.
I will be doing very little track but I will definitely be going a wider tire. If I just want a nice stance/fitment but still very drive able, is there a size/combo you'd recommend ?

Thanks

·
Registered
720 Posts
I will be doing very little track but I will definitely be going a wider tire. If I just want a nice stance/fitment but still very drive able, is there a size/combo you'd recommend ?

Thanks
that wheel is good to go, for tire i'd just step up to a 255 for any type of aggressive driving and especially for any track work, nomatter how little track there is,

·
Registered
SWP 2012 GR Hatch
309 Posts
I wouldn't bother with a 235 on a stock 8.5 let alone a 9.5. The stretch is going to be big and while it might allow you to slam the car, it's not going to do you any favours on the handling department.
Also, it's a step down from the OEM 245 in terms of diameter, so your cruising RPM on the highway is actually going to raise slightly.
235:
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Synthetic rubber Tread

Personally, I'd do 255's on 9.5's if it were me.
That's likely what I'll be running next for tires.
The larger diameter will help your gearing on the highway slightly and it's going to look AND grip a heck of a lot better:
Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Automotive tire

Reactions: Karlot

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I wouldn't bother with a 235 on a stock 8.5 let alone a 9.5. The stretch is going to be big and while it might allow you to slam the car, it's not going to do you any favours on the handling department.
Also, it's a step down from the OEM 245 in terms of diameter, so your cruising RPM on the highway is actually going to raise slightly.
235:
View attachment 63938

The larger diameter will help your gearing on the highway slightly and it's going to look AND grip a heck of a lot better:
View attachment 63939
235:
View attachment 63938

View attachment 63939
Thanks for the response ! I actually just went through your build and have a million questions for you lmao. I just got a 2010 White STI hatch 54000km. Regarding wheels, I'm not married to the 9.5 width I just seem to see every car with goes that route. I want to give the car nicer stance but keeping it drive able, would 18x9.5 +38 with 255 40 R need the fenders rolled ?

Regarding your interior, the first thing I stared doing is looking for black trim as the 2008-2010 has an awful silver and then it looks like about half of it was changed to black in 2011. The trim around your sifter that has the STI logo in it is black in your build, where did you get that ?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the response ! I actually just went through your build and have a million questions for you lmao. I just got a 2010 White STI hatch 54000km. Regarding wheels, I'm not married to the 9.5 width I just seem to see every car with goes that route. I want to give the car nicer stance but keeping it drive able, would 18x9.5 +38 with 255 40 R need the fenders rolled ?

Regarding your interior, the first thing I stared doing is looking for black trim as the 2008-2010 has an awful silver and then it looks like about half of it was changed to black in 2011. The trim around your sifter that has the STI logo in it is black in your build, where did you get that ?
Answered my own question regarding the shifter panel after going through your list again, lots of little things I'm going to snag from that list ! Great build.

·
Registered
SWP 2012 GR Hatch
309 Posts

Answered my own question regarding the shifter panel after going through your list again, lots of little things I'm going to snag from that list ! Great build.
18x9.5 is the ideal 'trackstance' wheel setup in terms of being able to run wider tires for optimizing grip.
I run 18x8.5 et38 with 245's for the street because I use my sti only as my daily (I have a 2nd car on crazy wide tires), so I opted for wheels and tires with an OEM spec but a nicer offset for getting the rims more flush.
In terms of the fenders, most wheels that are wider or run an offset that is more flush will need a roll.
You will only really need to get the rears rolled, as the fronts are okay.
On my rims, which are like fitting 15mm spacers on OEM wheels, I had a slight rubbing on the rear which needed a roll, but nothing crazy.
If you aren't experienced with a roller I'd take it somewhere and pay to have them do it so you can get a roll while avoiding an unnecessary pull (so there is no change to the aesthetic).
Again, you don't really need to touch the fronts.

For the interior, my upper dash trim is the darker onyx trim, as that was introduced in 2011 for the facelift.
You'd have to replace the whole V across the dash, the radio panel, and the door handle trim to get rid of the silver there.
You can also check out Overland designs as he offers these pieces all wrapped in Alcantara to match your seats, if that's your style.
Around the shifter, I originally wrapped mine in black with vinyl but after a couple seasons the vinyl started to lift at the edges, because you can't wrap around the back of the edges like a normal wrap.
Afterwards I picked up a cheap panel on facebook (that was cheap because the silver was scratched up, lol) and masked it off and painted all the silver part bodycolour.
Really pleased with that!

And, if you like what you see, keep following the build!
It's about to get a big splash of parts this coming week or two, and then a tune!
I've got like 7 more mods to install and I'm hoping to get this build wrapped up before it snows!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts