IW STi Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
8,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well i basically know that my 2 month old FP3575 turbo is shot because i cant really boost, it makes all kinds of weird noises and has too much shaft play. The turbo has less than 1k miles on it.

Well if i got WOT i can hit like 2lbs according to my defi.

So today as i was driving i floored it, the boost stayed at 2-4lbs (ish) and than as soon as i hit around 4k rpms in 4th gear i hit 15 lbs :eek: . Well it felt really nice haha since i havnt had boost in while :lol: and driving around in a practically N/A sti sucks btw :lol:

Anybody know whats going on?

·
Registered
890 Posts
Sounds like you have a boost leak or something, but that is really weird. I would take the car into where you had everything installed and have them check it out.

·
Registered
2,951 Posts
I'd pull the turbo and do a visual inspection.

·
Registered
421 Posts
coked bearings?

·
Registered
8,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
^^ yes everyting seems to run fine minus the boost. egt's and oil pres, and fuel press are all in check.

my guess is shot bearings.

·
Registered
4,244 Posts
you could be right, I would pull it out and check them out

·
Registered
8,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
haha i can see it now. I have the turbo in my hand and my mom comes into the garage and is like WTF :lol:

I am almost certain there is no boost leak, although, i think my wastegate might be stuck open and it closed for a sec yesterday which gave me the instant boost.

·
Registered
2,490 Posts
520hpSTi said:
haha i can see it now. I have the turbo in my hand and my mom comes into the garage and is like WTF :lol:

I am almost certain there is no boost leak, although, i think my wastegate might be stuck open and it closed for a sec yesterday which gave me the instant boost.
If your shaft play seems fine, you could very well have your WG stuck open.

·
Registered
8,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
yah there is some play, but i am not sure if its in spec or not. The noises i hear could just be the turbo pushin air straight into the DP where the EWG dumps too. I cant get to the shop for about another month, so ill drive it around like this i guess, its no biggy.

Either way if my WG is stuck open, do i need a new one or is there something that can be done to make it operate properly?

·
Premium Member
5,267 Posts
Did the tuning shop you purchased from warranty anything on the car?

·
Registered
8,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
at this point with mods the warranty aspect gets fuzzy. Im sure the shop will take car of it, i just cant get to it fora month or so.

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
You got the turbo from Godspeed right? If so they know you haven't been doing anything with the car except for a low boost breakin on the new motor, I don't see why they wouldn't work with you if the turbo they just put on 1k miles ago is no good already.

·
Registered
8,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Ver7wannabe said:
You got the turbo from Godspeed right? If so they know you haven't been doing anything with the car except for a low boost breakin on the new motor, I don't see why they wouldn't work with you if the turbo they just put on 1k miles ago is no good already.

thats what i am thinking, they want to check it out.

·
Registered
2,801 Posts
you shopuld at least make waste gate boost, like 12lbs depending on what setup you have....

you did do a double check of all the vaccum lines, clamps, BOV, and fmic t bolts?

·
Registered
8,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
yup i checked all the lines , bolts, clamps, and charge pipes and couldnt find a leak. I think i am not making wastegate boost even because its stuck open.

·
Registered
2,490 Posts
If the WG is stuck open, then that's likely your problem. Have you taken it off to check it out?

·
Registered
8,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
no i havent taken if off to check. Is it easy to take off and how do i know if its stuck open etc..?

·
Registered
890 Posts
^You'll know if it's stuck open becuase the valve will be open not closed.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts