IW STi Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've downloaded and looked at the SCCA Solo rules to try and determine what category I would have to run at the next local event. :confused: I've so far only participated in two autocrosses, and since they were through a local BMW club, the only classifications I've had to deal with are BMW or non-BMW. I'd really like to get more into solo/auto-xing, but I'm not sure where my car would fit within the SCCA rules. Here are a list of mods on the car that I'm a little unclear about: Full catless exhaust, protuned Stg. 2 w/ Cobb AP, Perrin Subframe Lockdown System, BOV, boost solenoid, fuel pump. My guess now is that'd I'd be somewhere in SP...???

Everything else I think I kinda mostly get :p. If it would help I can list all my mods, but I wasn't sure it was nessesary. I'm hoping some of the those with experience in this area will be able to just tell me quickly what it is I'm restricted to due to my mods. I've gone over the rules, but maybe I haven't gone through them thouroughly enough. I'm also not overly concerned right now with making a certain category since I'm doing this for fun and improving my driving skills, so going up against race prepped GT3 Cup cars doesn't worry me right now. Though if it turns out I am actually doing all right :)rolleyes: wishful thinking maybe), that might change...

Thanks in advance for the help!

·
Registered
6,521 Posts
With the exception of the subframe locks, everything else would indicate BSP.

Subframe mount bushings may be replaced, but must attach in
the factory location(s) without additional modification or changes.
Subframe position may not be changed. The amount of metal in
a replacement bushing may not be increased relative to the
amount of metal found in a standard bushing for the particular
application. Solid metal bushings are specifically prohibited.
Just remove the lockouts when you autox or run in SM.

EDIT: not sure about the BOV either:

d) No changes are permitted to blow-off/pop-off valves.
e) Compressor bypass valves (CBVs) are considered part of
the air intake system, and may be replaced or updated/
backdated independently of the other components of a
forced induction system.

·
Registered
990 Posts
Boost and catless puts u SP. BOV I am pretty sure puts u in SM.

Subframe locks are not ok is SP? I am gonna have to check rulebook.
I thought the subframe lock bolts would be SP okay under 15.2.E.5:
solorules said:
No cross-car/lateral/triangulated connections directly between the driver’s side and passenger’s side SFCs are permitted. Connections to OE components such as tunnel braces or closure panels via bolts are allowed and count as the third point of attachment. No alteration to the OE components is permitted.
Agree BOV sends to SM.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally Posted by solorules
No cross-car/lateral/triangulated connections directly between the driver’s side and passenger’s side SFCs are permitted. Connections to OE components such as tunnel braces or closure panels via bolts are allowed and count as the third point of attachment. No alteration to the OE components is permitted.
Hmm... Yeah, that is the type of thing that I was confused about. Well I hope that is the case...though the lock out system is only poly bushings and two bolts, so I guess I can just take out the bolts if need be as long as the bushings are ok. Though I'm still not sure since they don't really replace anything, they are the addition of new material (but with no additional metal).

Unfortunately my BOV has been tuned for, so I think I'm stuck with that.

·
Registered
941 Posts
Hmm... Yeah, that is the type of thing that I was confused about. Well I hope that is the case...though the lock out system is only poly bushings and two bolts, so I guess I can just take out the bolts if need be as long as the bushings are ok. Though I'm still not sure since they don't really replace anything, they are the addition of new material (but with no additional metal).

Unfortunately my BOV has been tuned for, so I think I'm stuck with that.
In that case, have fun in SM. At this point, mod away.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts