IW STi Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
I'm Jim Halpert
8,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have tried to install the rear strut bar into my 06 sti and for the life of me i cant get them to fit. i got the seats out and the bolts off the tophats. and when i try to get the plate to go over the bolts, it doesnt fit. the bolts all line up but it rubs against the metal that leads to the trunk and also rubs onto a lip on the edge of the area where the tophats are. in the end i gave up out of fustration and only have the front strut bar installed now. anyone else ever get into this situation or have any advice for me?

·
I'm Jim Halpert
8,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the part im having trouble with is that once i put the long piece into the hole that leads to the trunk, i cant get the plate to go onto strut bolt positions. two of them will line up but the last one wont! how should i position the plates onto the bolt positions to make them fit?!

·
3,274 Posts
What strut bar did you get? If you got a cheap knock off replica the quality control isn't the best and it might be out of spec. In that case drilling one of the holes bigger might work.

Mine fit in pretty easily, I might have had to work with it a bit but it did go in. Keep trying and you should get it.

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
Put Plates On Tops First.then Wiggle Bar In Place. Tighten All Bolts

·
Registered
176 Posts
you might want to include what brand of part you are trying to put on...little info like that...

·
Registered
479 Posts
salisburyv said:
Put Plates On Tops First.then Wiggle Bar In Place. Tighten All Bolts
FTW! Put the plates on top and start the bolts so they won't come off. Then loosly bolt the bar into the tops. Tighten your plates (14.5 ft-lbs only, careful!) and then your bar.

·
I'm Jim Halpert
8,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i did it thanks for the help guys! stupid me i was using the plates on the wrong sides:rolleyes: it works great! thanks again!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts