IW STi Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to order that part that is suppose to help with the thud when shifting hard and is suppose to be a "must do" mod. I think it costs like $30 or so. Sorry I just forgot what it is 8) called and where to order.

M

·
0 Posts
When you get it, make sure you grease that puppy up before install :)

Great mod, one of the first things I did

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
awsome, its a great mod and takes like 5 minutes to do (with the right tools), makes launching and such feel "right" and not damaging.

Robert~

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
you will need to remove a total of 6 bolts i believe. There are pictures with the instructions, but its not that difficult. The instructs are like... remove these bolts, slide in bushing, put bolts back in, because its really that simple. Just have something to prop the diff up and you're good to go... do not lift the car, as it says the car's suspension needs to be loaded (so i guess you can lift it, if you're lifting by all 4 wheels (as we did, by putting it on some wood - like train rail sized) ). The torque settings for the outside bolts are: 24.3 ft/lbs and the torque for the bolt in the middle (that goes through the bearings) is: 73.8 ft/lbs. (Bolts T2 and T6 in the General Description area of your service manual set: Chassis - Differentials - General Description and near the middle).

Robert~

1 - 7 of 7 Posts