IW STi Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright I have a MRT TMIC on my 04 STi. I have had a problem with the clamps couldn't hold the intercooler hose to the turbo. The hose appeared to expand and slip the clamp off then pop off the turbo. It has slightly damaged the hose every time well this last time it damaged the hose badly and basicly burnt the bottom of the hose at an angle where clamps wouldn't stay ont it right. well I was able to get a Constant Pressure clamp on there to hold it but because the hose has been damaged and is weak the clamp is starting to cut into the hose.

The car will be getting a FMIC Oct. 9th but I have until friday that I must drive to school and then a long trip for all the work on the car to get done and tuned. Does anybody know of anything I can put over the hose to make it slightly stronger and keep it from cutting through it before I have a major problem? Any help or suggestions would be great.

Getting another hose is not an option. I am mainly looking for something able to handle the heat and wrap over the hose that is on ther or place over it.

·
Premium Member
4,120 Posts
Been through that on my buddy's WRX with that intercooler. Try getting some "T" clamps from a local speed shop. They hold tons better than the stock type compression clamps do. Should hold you until you get the FMIC. If the hose is ripped seal it with some duct tape....

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I got the constant pressure clamp I couldn't get a tbolt in that size. The clamp is holding good but my onlyquestion about duck tape is can it handle the heat under there?
Thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts