tgv/top feed conversion deletes,
Cobb e85,
Speed density tune,
fuelab external pump (500+lph),
fuelab regulator,
Grams 1000cc injectors
-8 feed/-6 return
Rotated pte 5858

I’m having a problem with my first start up. I have fuel to the cylinders, have spark to all four cylinders, have compression, and timing is on. When I go to start it, it just cranks and cranks. I know I flooded it a little so I did the whole push down on throttle pedal deal to clear the flooding. When I did this, the engine started to chug like it’s partly firing but won’t catch. I then go back to normal starting and all it does is crank. Any ideas?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply! I ended up having bent valves, on my passenger side. Not sure if this other firing thing would be related to that or not because I’m not sure when the valves got bent.

·
Premium Member
5,963 Posts
Just curious:
Bent valves from before build? How did you not know then?
Bent for misalignment during build?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Bent from slipped timing, the alignment pin on my intake cam on the passenger side somehow sheered. The valves made contact with each other. I’ve never heard of this pin sheering happening and neither did Crower when I called them about it.

·
Registered
531 Posts
crazy...only way i could think it could happen if it wasnt aligned when putting it on before torquing it down, but imo the gear should fail before the pin...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts