IW STi Forum banner

which equal length header would you get or have?

• aps

Votes: 25 48.1%
  • perrin

Votes: 13 25.0%
  • automaster

Votes: 4 7.7%
  • gp moto

Votes: 8 15.4%
  • other (please list)

Votes: 2 3.8%
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
ok guys, im thinking about get a equal length header.. help me pick one.. and give any opinions or experiences.. i know guys like gruppe s and maddad are suspose to be coming out with one soon but still no word on them right now.. i know there are others but im looking at the "cheaper" ones.. aps is still kinda out of my price range but i just wanted to throw it in there.. thanks

·
Registered
690 Posts
GPmoto its a nice product

·
Registered
228 Posts
BoostJunkie said:
My APS is great, just make sure that whichever one you go with, have it coated. I recommend Jethot 2000.
I did not get mine coated. I was told it was a waste of money (by the shop). I got the APS heatshield instead.

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i def will get it coated.. i think its well worth the money.. just not sure which one yet..
i know the aps is a good choice.. im sure the quality and fitment would be nice.. and the performance gains are proven.. but man that price is up there.. imo i think i can get (or close to it) the same quality out of perrin or automaster's el header.. and maybe gp moto's.. all those are cheaper.. i do realize that the aps has the up-pipe built in.. i havent decided if i like that or not.. cause if i go with a rotated kit then im kinda screwed..

·
Registered
6,488 Posts
APS is a good company and makes a good product. Personally though I would not buy a header because they cost a lot of money and have a bad habit of cracking due to heat. There have been posts on here about cracking plaguing most, if not all, headers. But if I was going to buy a header I would trust APS more then the others as their quality is well known.

·
Registered
4,051 Posts
My Perrin has been trouble free and fitment was excellent. My brother is using the Gruppe-S header and has also had good luck with it thus far.

APS has a good following, but of late I hear more about them cracking than any other aftermarket header.

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ya im aware of aps' problems but i not worring about that.. i know they have taken care of their customers that has had problems.. i wished gruppe s would come out with their el header..

·
Registered
4,051 Posts
whitson01 said:
ya im aware of aps' problems but i not worring about that.. i know they have taken care of their customers that has had problems..
Yes, customer service seems good enough. But make sure you keep your stock manifold so your car will not be out of service when you have to send the header back for replacement.

·
Registered
4,051 Posts
BoostJunkie said:
The new header is apparently NOT proned to cracking so I wouldn't worry about it.
It seems a bit early to tell, doesn't it? There is a post in this forum about someone who just had their APS header crack, and it was only installed a few months. It has the bungs, so it's for sure not the first batch. How could someone tell if they had the "latest" ones?

·
Registered
4,436 Posts
I have the Invidia el header and like it a lot. Fitment was not a problem, even with the integrated up pipe. The butt dyno says an improvement in power was made, especially top end. Quality peice IMO.

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
ya the invidia is nice but i dont wanna pay a grand +- for a header.. i would be paying close to that for the aps..
i cant figure out why no one has a automaster el header?

·
Registered
4,051 Posts
whitson01 said:
ya the invidia is nice but i dont wanna pay a grand +- for a header.. i would be paying close to that for the aps..
You can get the Perrin for under 700.

·
Registered
262 Posts
whitson01 said:
People have them. When I purchased mine they were installing there EL on 4 other cars. Its new on the market. Its a nice header. Style is like the GP Moto/Invidia only not as expensive. I think its great. :tup:

Edit:

They are one-piece (with up-pipe)

·
Registered
876 Posts
Well... Im not sure that GPMoto still exists, so that may not be an option (except used).

Im personally very happy with my Perrin. Im not sure why someone would spend the extra $300 to get the APS and risk cracks. There could well be reasons, but I dont know of them.

Chris

1 - 20 of 34 Posts