IW STi Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
General questions.

Some one have and idea or know just what the yellow and green wiers are for ??? the black i would assume is ground the red positive the yellow RCA is video 1 and the wite RCA is video 2 but just what the hell are the yellw and green wiers for ?

BTW im going to be putting this in the dash mount gage pack housing I alredy have my PS2 mounted in the glove box but im stumped on these yellow and green wiers

Attachments

·
So Gangster It Hurts
3,521 Posts
Okay. . .you just said you know the yellow wire is for video 1 and the white is for video 2. Is there another yellow I'm missing here?

$10 says the green is a ground wire to the parking brake sensor.

·
Registered
586 Posts
Yukonart said:
$10 says the green is a ground wire to the parking brake sensor.
I'll raise ya to $20. :lol:

If there isn't already a wire for the parking brake sensor, then that's what the green wire is for.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No No No! there is a yellow RCA wire and a Yellow normal wire like a remote turn on or somthing and if i put power to just the red and (black being ground) then the thing will turn on and act normal and if i but power to the yellow and remove the red and it does the same as the red why would it have 2 power wiers + the red hase a big fuse in it. You would think that one would turn it on and off and the other be a memory wire right ? well not the case i put a volt meeter on the green wire and it puts out like 4.37 volts ? and the yellow will put out the same 12 volts as i put in to the red and visaversa but when i but power to both the yellow and the red at the same time the screen seems to have a littel richer color to it ??????? (never bye from Hong Kong on Ebay) some one plese help

·
So Gangster It Hurts
3,521 Posts
One of them could be a "remote on" wire. . . to activate another (perhaps attached) component, such as a DVD player, etc.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Look up the manufacturer online and see what you can find....

it is all japanise and me no speeky and the people from Ebay will not answer me back

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

One of them could be a "remote on" wire. . . to activate another (perhaps attached) component, such as a DVD player, etc.

That is the first thing i tryed but the yellow wire is live all the time dosent mater weather it is on or off the yellow is live when the red is conected and if i ground out the green with the black wire it does nothing ither but i put a voltmeter between the yello and the green and got 6.somthing volts
?????????

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
infinity said:
How the hell do you mount a PS2 in a glove box?
vary simple i used peel and stick velcro to hold it in place but to close it i have to remove the memory card and controler i have also tryed it with my PS1 (the older one) and it workes best because there is room for the controler to sit on top of it (I think i will stay with it and put a dvd player in the trunk) and you dont have to unplug it the thing. The thing with the PS2 is to get the wiers to sit just right so it will close. I will show a pic of it all done soon as i can it is too hard to get to my car right now and still to cold. BTW i dont have the cabbin filter so my glove box could be differint from the ones with it?

·
Registered
3,454 Posts
Hmmm playing the PS2 in the STI or driving the STI? I would rather drive it.

Doing both would be a bad idea.

How much did that sucker cost you?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Ok this is what I remember when I did my screen install about a year ago!
Red=Constant 12v
Black=Ground
Yellow=Switch 12v
Green=Hand Break(You can just ground this so you can watch TV going down the road)
The Yellow wire is used as a sensor to detect when the car is turned on.
Also you can cut the back/bottom side of you glove box to give you more room. I was looking at installing my PS2 somewhere and I also looked at the glove box but I think I am going to put it under the passanger seat! What are you using to power your PS2?
Will

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I used a power converter (any hard where store will have one) it is hard wierd under my drivers seat with a relay block so that i never forget to turn it off i used a acc wire for a triger and i have a FM modulator that is on a small switch beside the bass boost control for my amp in the fuse box door.

On the power converter the switch that turns it on and off is vary low curent 12 volt so i took it apart and ran the switched leds to the same switch as the modulator so when i fick the one swith both the converter and the modulator come on as long as the key is on simmple tricky ea :wink: :wink: if you wont i can get some pics and a wiering diagram for you

And right now i only have that older PS1 in my car but for about a week i hade the PS2 in there but you have to unplug the controlers to close the door for the PS2

1 - 15 of 15 Posts