IW STi Forum banner
1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyway im at the redlight and a rsx type-s my friends which has 400whp wanted to race from the dig so i launched at 2500-2600 and damn thing BROKE? i couldnt believe it, ive launched so many times my car is a 06 with 7000 miles unbelivable? what can i do will my warranty cover this? i cant believe it and my friend with my rsx felt bad too he got a tow for me and all now im so sad this sucks please help :(

·
Premium Member
4,081 Posts
hagala said:
anyway im at the redlight and a rsx type-s my friends which has 400whp wanted to race from the dig so i launched at 6500-6600 and damn thing BROKE? i couldnt believe it, ive launched so many times my car is a 06 with 7000 miles unbelivable? what can i do will my warranty cover this? i cant believe it and my friend with my rsx felt bad too he got a tow for me and all now im so sad this sucks please help :(
Fixed ;)

·
Premium Member
5,283 Posts
Are you sure you broke your diff? If so which one? I'm almost sure you didnt break all of them. What exactly happened when you launched, what noises, how does the car act now? Need more info.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Crewchief said:
Are you sure you broke your diff? If so which one? I'm almost sure you didnt break all of them. What exactly happened when you launched, what noises, how does the car act now? Need more info.
it pretty much doesnt move and i try to step on the gas its like forcing the car to crawl, it makes a very VERY i mean loud skweaky noise like its winding up and believe me the car doesnt even want to move like im sure i can floor it and it wont go no where from 1st, 2nd, etc... i dont even want to move it to cause any more damage. this is bad being that the car has only 7000 miles and its 06 i bought it brand new by the way and have no mods or anything completely stock and i have never misuse or abuse the car at all i always launched no more then 2700 that was my max. so this is so strange im so worried :( help anyone thanks so much for answering me back by the way!!!

·
Registered
4,545 Posts
How do you know you broke a diff, I would suspect a broken axel or something as more probable.

·
Registered
4,545 Posts
hagala said:
it pretty much doesnt move and i try to step on the gas its like forcing the car to crawl, it makes a very VERY i mean loud skweaky noise like its winding up and believe me the car doesnt even want to move like im sure i can floor it and it wont go no where from 1st, 2nd, etc... i dont even want to move it to cause any more damage. this is bad being that the car has only 7000 miles and its 06 i bought it brand new by the way and have no mods or anything completely stock and i have never misuse or abuse the car at all i always launched no more then 2700 that was my max. so this is so strange im so worried :( help anyone thanks so much for answering me back by the way!!!
Hrmm... well if the car is stock, you have a good chance at warranty, just go to the dealer CONFIDENT and dont budge, I have seen good results from friends I know going to the dealer like that and getting stuff warrantied. Good luck!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
AndrewSS said:
How do you know you broke a diff, I would suspect a broken axel or something as more probable.
most likely it can be the axel as the car is making a loud noise when it moves very slightly. i really dont know but its a possibility. as for launches go i thought 2500 wasnt so bad? as many people do higher than 2500 and i have never passed 2700 on a launch and to be honest i have done total of like 5 launches if that since owning the car and everything is stock so this is so strange i dunno this car already has problems besides drinking up all my gas (and not even driving like a maniac) just going to work in backroads no stop sign or stops at 50mph and thing drinks gas like no tommorow... anyway tha gas problem isnt a problem its the dam car not moving now and im not even sure what went wrong
when i launched it at 2500 the car just went "CLING (LOUDLY)" and squeeled so its odd help me out mates

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
AndrewSS said:
Hrmm... well if the car is stock, you have a good chance at warranty, just go to the dealer CONFIDENT and dont budge, I have seen good results from friends I know going to the dealer like that and getting stuff warrantied. Good luck!
thanks ya i well do that monday first thing
im thinking it should all be well and they should do the warranty work as nothing modified of any sort, tires are still new so im sure they will put that in conduct but what worried me is a friend up in LA told me that the subaru dealership told him if they know that people launch the STI they will most likely try not to do the warranty work if the launch caused the issue because i guess something on some paper states we are not suppose to launch these cars? AWD come on its so hard not tooo

anyways so ya that is what my friend was telling me that the LA subaru was saying they are sick and tired of people launching the sti's and majority of the problems are caused by that so strange to me but ill find out on monday down here where im at in riverside, ca so hopefully my dealer is kind ive been happy with them thus

·
Premium Member
5,283 Posts
I'm thinking an axel, i havent heard of anyone breaking a diff yet, I did numerous 4500-5500k launches with my old sti, and never had any problems. Since your car is stock and as long as it doesnt look like you abused the **** out of the car, they will warrenty it. Give subaru a call and get it towed over there. Since its under warrenty you'll get free towing if you call the 1800 number.

On a side not launching an STI at 2500 is a waste of time, you wouldnt be able to accomplish anything with that type of launch. Launch it 4k+ or dont even bother, its pointess. 2.2 60ft are not impressive, lol.

·
'do right & fear no one"
8,563 Posts
i'm digging your "back to the u.s." countdown clock, crew.

{{{avoiding an accusation of highjack}}}

think axle.

·
Premium Member
5,283 Posts
preciate it bruce, look at it as 38 days till the video camera starts rollin' again ;). Sorry for the quick jack, Bruce started it! :)

·
Registered
8,772 Posts
its most likely and axle. and no way you broke it launching at 2700
IMO , unless it is defective.

·
Immoderate
5,702 Posts
First of all, I don't do launches. But I *do* do punctuation. Okay, rant /off/.

The power mad folks are thinking axle, but since your car is stock I'm thinking more like clutch. Also you have a 3/36 warranty that includes roadside assistance and towing, so wtf are you letting your buddy pay for a tow. (I pray it was a flatbed!) Anyway, I'd get it to a dealer and see where it goes from there.

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
Don't forget to check the engine mounts... the 06s are prone to breaking them on hard launches as they are not the same as the 04-05s I don't believe (they are plastic or something as 12secsti pointed out I believe). That could be a place to check as well? Other then that as everyone else has suggested, check the axles/diffs.

Robert~

·
Registered
451 Posts
The dealership will fix it. My buddy has an unmodded 05' GTO. A week after he got it, he took me for a ride. Rolling through a stop sign, he floored it. The wheels started to hop and BOOM! The rear axel blew. He towed it to the dealer. The first thing they said to him 'Were you driving it hard?' He said, you quote 400 hp and 400 ftlbs and I cant drive the car hard. Long story short, they fixed it. You can say they same thing.

·
Registered
665 Posts
I don't know if someone mentioned this already, but try putting it on the lock setting and see if it drives or etc.:) I also think it's a broken axle, just go down your car and start pulling on the axles on the rear or front, but most likely the rears. If it's starts to move freely then it's your axles.:) Good luck.

Regards,

Ron

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
jason bouchard said:
wtf, this is soo weird, i drop all the time at 6500-7000 and i have 15k miles, with no problems what so ever and my car has gripper tires and some mods. . . . o well goodluck and keep us posted on what it could be
I hope you knocked on wood when you typed that.

1 - 20 of 66 Posts