IW STi Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Everyone!

I just got my 6,000 k Philips HID KIT for my 2004 Subaru WRX STi (Canada). I need some help installing them or instruction or picture of anyone that has completed it.

Thank You.

·
Registered
524 Posts
JDM Grill Posted on Ebay

if it's a kit with rebased capsules, it's pretty much plug and play unless the kit didn't come with a harness. what exactly do you need help with?

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
matadorCE said:
if it's a kit with rebased capsules, it's pretty much plug and play unless the kit didn't come with a harness. what exactly do you need help with?
I bought a kit, but I need help on mounting places, instructions, relay install, anything that will help.

·
Registered
68 Posts
There is a large and flat area behind each headlight, so I just use the velcro that came with my kit to mount the ballast there. I didn't use any screws to mount the ballast because the velcro is quite strong and I don't really want to drill some holes in the metal. Since I don't know what kind of kit you got, I can't tell you exactly how to connect the wiring harness. But it should be as simple as putting several connectors together. The most time consuming part of the installation is actually removing the headlights and drill a hole in the back cover behind the low beam light bulb. Space is tight behind the headlights so you can't just simply pull out the stock bulbs and put in the HID capsules. If you don't know how to remove them, just go to Scoobymods.com, there are detailed instructions over there. Alos don't forget to reaim the lights or you'll blind oncoming traffics.
Other than that, it should be a straight forward task. Have fun :D

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ssitu said:
There is a large and flat area behind each headlight, so I just use the velcro that came with my kit to mount the ballast there. I didn't use any screws to mount the ballast because the velcro is quite strong and I don't really want to drill some holes in the metal. Since I don't know what kind of kit you got, I can't tell you exactly how to connect the wiring harness. But it should be as simple as putting several connectors together. The most time consuming part of the installation is actually removing the headlights and drill a hole in the back cover behind the low beam light bulb. Space is tight behind the headlights so you can't just simply pull out the stock bulbs and put in the HID capsules. If you don't know how to remove them, just go to Scoobymods.com, there are detailed instructions over there. Alos don't forget to reaim the lights or you'll blind oncoming traffics.
Other than that, it should be a straight forward task. Have fun :D
I got a philips HID. I can't find any install instruction on Scoobymods.com
Thank you for your reply and help.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Re: Sti And Snow

Actually, the instruction on Scoobymods.com is for headlight assembly removal. There are many HID installation instructions on NASIOC and other forums, but since every kit is different (at least the wiring harness is different), I don't know which one I should point you to. Almost every kit that are sold claimed to be Phillips although many of them aren't. Philips doesn't make any HID kits, they only made the ballast and capsules. It's the kit manufaturer who put the ballast, igniter, capsules and wiring together and sell it as a whole kit. So every kit is slightly different, and they should come with a detailed instruction on how to install it. How come you don't have the instruction for that kit?

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ssitu said:
Actually, the instruction on Scoobymods.com is for headlight assembly removal. There are many HID installation instructions on NASIOC and other forums, but since every kit is different (at least the wiring harness is different), I don't know which one I should point you to. Almost every kit that are sold claimed to be Phillips although many of them aren't. Philips doesn't make any HID kits, they only made the ballast and capsules. It's the kit manufaturer who put the ballast, igniter, capsules and wiring together and sell it as a whole kit. So every kit is slightly different, and they should come with a detailed instruction on how to install it. How come you don't have the instruction for that kit?
K sounds good. I will take some pictures of the install.
Thanks for all your help.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts