IW STi Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys.. i have an 04 sti and my big ass dont like them.. my buddy has a 06 sti and his front seats are more comfy.. we measured and they are bigger/wider.. so i was wondering if the 05 are the same as the 06 seats.. anyone know? also im looking for a set of 06 and/or 05 front seats.. thanks

·
Registered
347 Posts
whitson01 said:
hey guys.. i have an 04 sti and my big ass dont like them.. my buddy has a 06 sti and his front seats are more comfy.. we measured and they are bigger/wider.. so i was wondering if the 05 are the same as the 06 seats.. anyone know? also im looking for a set of 06 and/or 05 front seats.. thanks
Yes. The interior is the same for both years. The 05 WRX also has the same seats as the STI albeit without the Alcantara.

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
im not talking about the interior, im talking about the seats.. im positive that the 06 seats are bigger/wider.. im just wondering if the 05 are the same way..

·
Registered
3,442 Posts
I measured mine. The Ecsaine seating area (the blue part) at the widest point between the thigh bolsters is 13.75 inches. The overall width of the seat to the outside of thigh bolsters is 20 inches. Is that what you are after?

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thats it.. im at work right now and cant measure them.. i will check it out when i get home.. anyone have time to check their 04 seats for me? thanks

·
Registered
347 Posts
whitson01 said:
im not talking about the interior, im talking about the seats.. im positive that the 06 seats are bigger/wider.. im just wondering if the 05 are the same way..
The seats are part of the interior; when I said interior, I meant EVERYTHING that makes up the interior, including the seats. So yes, the SEATS for the 05 and 06 are the same, and they are wider than the 04. Good luck.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Are you saying that the 04 Seats are smaller than the 05+?

If so, what/where are the differences in size?

I have an 05 and the seats are just too big for me. I'm 5'4" 130lbs, and the part that should support my rib area fits right under my arm pit :( Also, that bulge on the side to support my rim area makes my arm go numb from resting on it.

I would be willing to trade if the seats are smaller.

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i know for sure that the bottom (where your butt is) is smaller.. im not positive on where side bolsteres are, if they are wider or more narrow.. i'll just have to measure..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts