IW STi Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi. I created an account a month or so ago and I wanted to officially say hello. I used to have an account in 2012 but I closed it when I sold my white 2012 GR.

I am now on STi number 3. I had a GD, GR and now a VA. These cars are in my blood.

I have tried in the past to shoehorn a few other sportscars into being practical every day fun cars. But for that type of use, the STi works best for me.

Happy New Year,
--Michael
Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle registration plate Vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive tire

Vehicle Car Tire Grille Hood

Wheel Land vehicle Tire Car Vehicle

Car Automotive parking light Vehicle Automotive lighting Hood

·
Registered
2020 WRX STI, Magnetite grey,
300 Posts
Congrats Micheal. I waited until 2021 to join the party with a new built in December 2020 STI. I have owned a few higher hp rwd and fwd cars in my past. Had a 2013 SHO awd with tune that ran 12.9’s, but that was on a fwd platform. The STI where I live is a LOT of fun on two lane, hill, and curve infested back roads with surfaces that are way less than perfect. The grip is nothing short of amazing imo.

·
Registered
SWP 2012 GR Hatch
503 Posts
Welcome!
I like the Cayman!
I actually have a 987.2 too that is full track-mod and the sti is my (not so stock) daily!
While the Cayman is without a doubt a razor sharp car, there's no beating an sti in the snow!
I tried to winter drive the Cayman and I lasted one and a half winters before I said no more lol

·
Premium Member
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Welcome!
I like the Cayman!
I actually have a 987.2 too that is full track-mod and the sti is my (not so stock) daily!
While the Cayman is without a doubt a razor sharp car, there's no beating an sti in the snow!
I tried to winter drive the Cayman and I lasted one and a half winters before I said no more lol
The Cayman R is so fun to drive hard and it sounds fantastic. As for winter driving it, I tried to do the same. Such a bad idea for me in Chicago! Hahaha.

·
Registered
SWP 2012 GR Hatch
503 Posts
The Cayman R is so fun to drive hard and it sounds fantastic. As for winter driving it, I tried to do the same. Such a bad idea for me in Chicago! Hahaha.
I can believe it!
You should see what I've done to mine, it's literally a gokart now.
I'm near Toronto, so I'm in about the same climate and I know our winters all too well 😂
I can see why you came back to the sti.
When it dumps fresh snow on the highway, you just point and go!

·
Registered
2 Posts
wow..Nice write up OP. its lovely to have you back. and then again since 2012 youve been a member:oops:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts