IW STi Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
141 - 160 of 172 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Just sent my payment in earlier this afternoon. I think I'm the lucky winner of the last sphere? Please say it is so!

·
Banned
1,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #148
I have got two guys waiting for the sphere knobs, two guys waiting for pistons since the last one sold. Ill be making all the rest this upcoming week to catch up and will have a small inventory too.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I have got two guys waiting for the sphere knobs, two guys waiting for pistons since the last one sold. Ill be making all the rest this upcoming week to catch up and will have a small inventory too.
Just verifying that you recieved my order and payment. That's all I need to know.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Just verifying that you recieved my order and payment. That's all I need to know.
Whoa, to my surprise, after typing this message last night, I came in to work, and it was delivered today. Great piece! Thanks!

·
Banned
1,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #151
Whoa, to my surprise, after typing this message last night, I came in to work, and it was delivered today. Great piece! Thanks!
yea, ive been so busy lately that I just make the stuff and ship it. I used to have time to send email updates when shipments are made, but not so much lately.

·
Banned
1,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #152
I have just changed the pricing for the stainless steel knobs. More expensive shipping due to the added weight, longer machining time than expected, and high raw material costs require the prices to be modified slightly.

5speed knobs are now also available

·
Registered
27 Posts
The stainless knob is calling to me. I love to see this kind of craftsmanship!

1) Are you able to engrave the stainless knobs?

2) Do you have a picture of a knob that has been engraved but not painted yet?

3) Is it a deep engraving so that the paint doesn't wear off over time?

4) Is it possible to machine it to normal height?

By the way, anyone who has a Cobb adjustable short throw shifter will have no problem getting these engraved knobs centered because you can adjust the rotation of the shifter after you have installed the knob.

·
Banned
1,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #155
The stainless knob is calling to me. I love to see this kind of craftsmanship!
1) Are you able to engrave the stainless knobs?

I can do engravings with a laser for the sphere knobs, but this is outsourced to my friend in Georgia (I am in NJ). It takes about 2 weeks time to get it done. Cost is around $40.
I can do engravings locally on the Piston and other flat-top knobs. The local shop uses a tool engraver, takes about +3 days, costs around $50.

2) Do you have a picture of a knob that has been engraved but not painted yet?

Not an unpainted one, but heres a black anodized aluminum knob, and a white copolymer knob. I have not engraved a steel one yet

3) Is it a deep engraving so that the paint doesn't wear off over time?

Yes, the tool depth or number of laser passes makes it deep enough to keep the paint below your touch depth so it'll last a long time.

4) Is it possible to machine it to normal height?

I'm not sure what you mean. Make the knob normal height? The knobs are designed to fit as low as they can for the shape. The STi only has 1 inch of thread and a reverse ring so I can't go lower than those two restrictions permit. The sphere sits about 1/4" lower than stock, the piston is taller than stock by about 1", but thats from the shape of it.

By the way, anyone who has a Cobb adjustable short throw shifter will have no problem getting these engraved knobs centered because you can adjust the rotation of the shifter after you have installed the knob.

--END QUOTE--

^Correct, saves me some time. I normally include a set screw with an engraved knob so the orientation can be set to get the engraving pointing up.

payment sent for a sti sphere!
Received your payment. Ill need about 1 week to complete the knob.

·
Registered
2,730 Posts
got it today its great! the finish is excellent anyone on the fence about this should just do it no doubt!

·
Registered
2,730 Posts
sure ill take some....what do you want to see? just mounted or a comparison?

·
Registered
2,730 Posts
no problem ill take them tomorrow for ya....the mounted pic will look lower than it would sit in a stock car (just put the kartboy SSK in) but i will still snap one for you

141 - 160 of 172 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.