IW STi Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
121 - 140 of 172 Posts

·
Murderer & Drug Dealer
11,940 Posts
How much bigger would you say it is than the stock knob?
The pic says it best.

It's about 2/3 to 3/4 of an inch taller and at least twice as heavy as my stock 06 knob I'd say (though I have no scale). I can fit four fingers around the SS piston and wrap my thumb around the other way. It fills my hand.

NOTE: please rehost the image instead of hotlinking. My photobucket bandwidth usage already makes baby Jesus cry.

·
Registered
64 Posts
The pic says it best.

It's about 2/3 to 3/4 of an inch taller and at least twice as heavy as my stock 06 knob I'd say (though I have no scale). I can fit four fingers around the SS piston and wrap my thumb around the other way. It fills my hand.

NOTE: please rehost the image instead of hotlinking. My photobucket bandwidth usage already makes baby Jesus cry.

I was referring specifically to the sphere.

·
Banned
1,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #125
the sphere is 2" diameter that I make. The piston is 1.5" diameter.
The sphere wraps your fingers around the outside, so its like holding any other ball-shaped object. The piston wraps your fingers around it vertically, a different angle than the sphere, different feel all together.

·
Registered
834 Posts
i just received my piston today and was amazed at the quality and especially the WEIGHT!! this thing is heavy and awesome, finally after about 4 knobs(all spheres) this one is my favorite yet:tup: almost feels like the shifter FALLS into gear with minimal effort and even with big hands this piston fits very nice. once again great work chris:D

·
Murderer & Drug Dealer
11,940 Posts
I noticed this morning that the shifts are much easier. It slides through gates with minimal effort and no herky-jerky movements at all. I'd go so far as to say the notchiness is reduced. I like it. Now I have to convince myself I can live without it while I get it coated.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Ok!

Can you Pm on payment details? I'm looking to buy/order a 526 gram SS Piston.

Edit: just reread your first post. You will see my paypal message here in a few minutes.

Update: Sent!

·
Banned
1,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #131
um ok im definatly sold on this now haha. any sphere left in stock?
I've got a raw-cut one here. I can polish it up and ship it out for you if you paypal before 2pm today. It'll ship tomorrow morning in this case. My info is on post # 1 to place the order.

:)

·
Registered
140 Posts
received my SS-S knob today and i have to say that this piece is a work of art, its just perfect and feels great. the finish is a perfect blend between brushed and polished.

thanks for a great product Chris. you do awesome work..

·
Banned
1,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #137
How's my SS Piston going Chris? =D I can't wait to test it out.. I have some engraving planned for it =D

-Nate
I have the raw stock cut, and will be finishing it up in the next couple days. I had some spheres pre-cut, thats why I was able to get them out earlier.

121 - 140 of 172 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.