IW STi Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
81 - 100 of 172 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
thanks mr chris my ss heavy knob came today very sexy much differance from my alum piston great job thank for the quick service jv

·
Banned
1,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #82
thanks mr chris my ss heavy knob came today very sexy much differance from my alum piston great job thank for the quick service jv
I think you're the second to receive the steel knob (besides my bro), can you go into detail about the feel compared to a lighter one and your impressions of it so others can feel comfortable about ordering one?

·
Registered
83 Posts
I got mine today as well, excellent craftsmanship and definitely a solid feel. Heres a quick snap before I ran outta daylight...dome light ftl :/

·
Registered
509 Posts
I received my sphere today and let me tell you, it is like night and day from my lighter sphere. The engagement is much more smoother between gears. I especially noticed the difference from second and third. I will most likely track it this Sunday and will be able to tell if my shifting improves my times. Not to downplay the sphere I purchased before but the stainless is much nicer looking. My other sphere easily scratched but I dont see that happening here.

Thank you for a great product. Anyone still considering this let me tell you. DO IT!! You won't regret it.

·
Banned
1,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #93
here is my opinion on the shapes:

SPHERE: this is by far the most widely accepted and favorite shape because I have sold around 80% of my products in the round shape. There is inherent levels of comfort associated with the sphere because there are no sharp edges, and it is a good size (2" diameter) for your hand to easily hold and control. The only drawback of this shape is the lack of feedback for LEVER ANGLE. There is no way to tell the angle of the lever based on the feel of the sphere knob, only from the location relative to the other gears.

PISTON: This knob is a like-it / hate-it type of knob where you have to really just try it to know if you like it or not. The piston is a shape that keeps your hand vertically during all the shifts. I mean, you can hold it from the top, but its not meant for that. The vertical orientation is like an extension of the lever itself, so you pick up the actual angle of the shift lever, thus making it a bit easier to tell what gear you are in, and easier to aim for the next gear.

Youll feel the most precision when you need it, at the track. Thats the best place to test which knob suits you.

·
Banned
1,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #94
I've got one more stainless steel sti sphere ready to go to the next person to send paypal!
The pistons will be worked on tomorrow for everyone waiting for theirs.

·
Registered
773 Posts
got mine in today too, my 3rd knob :) going from a regular copolymer, to a brass insert copolymer and now to this... wow! its totally awesome and beautiful. i cant wait to really put it to use!

81 - 100 of 172 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.