IW STi Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 60 of 172 Posts

·
Banned
1,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
ok cool, I'll sign you up. I should be ready this week with the prototype!

(had to spend my weekend making emergency parts for my day job :( )

·
Banned
1,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #52 (Edited)
I just made the first sphere knob. CHECK POST #1 for updated info, driving impression, weight, and order info!

You cannot anodize stainless steel. Its a different process needed to coat or color it. Passivation can clean the surface and they can be colored brown or black. To get more colors, it has to be enamel coated, then color coated. This is very expensive.

Heres a pic of the new Stainless STi Sphere: $89 shipped!

·
Banned
1,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
awesome awesome awesome.

i want the piston bad.

can i send paypal tonight chris?
Sure, but I haven't made the piston yet so it'll be a blind order.
You can follow the paypal instructions on Post#1, but change the name to "Piston", and the amount to $69 USD.

·
Registered
406 Posts
My brother (WC LATHE WERKS) is the person who makes these shift knobs and I am impressed with the difference between this shift knob and the stocker.
The Heavy STi Stainless Steel Shift knob makes it feel like I completely upgraded my shifter bushings.
Even though this item is small, the difference between this knob and the stocker is immediately noticeable, in a very good way.
This was a good investment because you notice the difference in your car every time you change gears.

·
Banned
1,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
^thats my little bro, Eric. The picture of the knob above is actually taken on his car. I test-drove the knob on my WRX also, and both cars felt much more solid during shifting.

I made a couple more of these, so the first few that have been paid for are shipping out tomorrow (if the post office is open this saturday)

41 - 60 of 172 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.