IW STi Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 40 of 172 Posts

·
Registered
2,620 Posts
ok, put me down for a ss piston when they're available.

·
Banned
1,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
can we get them anodized or colored? :)
I am not sure on that just yet. It will cost more since a batch of anodizing is a set price, so I would have to make a whole bunch at once, send them for coating all at once, and pay for that single batch. It is not worth-while to coat only a couple at a time. I'll see what I can do.

I actually just ran a quick search and it seems that you can anodize SS, and a very good place to do it is where I already brought my aluminum knobs before. I'll update with this later next week when I talk to my friend who runs that place.

·
Murderer & Drug Dealer
11,940 Posts
In for pics of SS piston. Depending on reults, I'll take mine raw - I may want to anodize it a different color than black or silver, etc. :D I has an idea.

·
Banned
1,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
In for pics of SS piston. Depending on reults, I'll take mine raw - I may want to anodize it a different color than black or silver, etc. :D I has an idea.
None will be raw, I always sand them down to a nice finish, then use polishing compound to seal the outer surface of the material. They would be able to clean it off before you get it custom-anodized though.

·
Murderer & Drug Dealer
11,940 Posts
you has an idea?!?!?!:eek: oooooo, i wanna knows!:D
Well, I can either anodize it. OR I can have it powdercoated. It's SS after all. I also have someone who can do etching and such. Still thinking about it.

Either way, if I buy one, I'll end up selling the piston I have now to help offset the cost.

First thing's first. I wanna see the new product, side by side with the old one.

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
Well, I can either anodize it. OR I can have it powdercoated. It's SS after all. I also have someone who can do etching and such. Still thinking about it.

Either way, if I buy one, I'll end up selling the piston I have now to help offset the cost.

First thing's first. I wanna see the new product, side by side with the old one.
i agree, i wanna see pictures of the new product next to the old one for a comparison.
great ideas btw, they sound pretty awesome.

·
Banned
1,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
I have an order for an aluminum STi Piston now, so I'll make that and a first-off SS STi Piston right after so I can snap pics of them next to each other.
The alum STi Spheres are in stock, so I'll take pics of that next to an SS Sphere after the piston.

·
Banned
1,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
as for coloring, I will need at least 20 people committed to a single color to afford doing that. It's going to cost me over $100 to just do one batch of coloring

·
Premium Member
9,013 Posts
Hmmm...I could certainly see a red or blue colored knob looking pretty slick in my STi...

·
Banned
1,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Hmmm...I could certainly see a red or blue colored knob looking pretty slick in my STi...
I would need several people to get the same color to run a batch of them off. Unless you would be willing to pay the full batch fee of $120 yourself for the single blue color :crying:

·
Premium Member
9,013 Posts
Ever so tempting... I have thought about getting a heavier shift knob, I'll keep my eyes on the thread and if it looks like we can get enough people, I'm in. And yeah, crying is right!

21 - 40 of 172 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.