IW STi Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys this is my first post!
im in perth australia n i just got my wrb sti.
iv purchased all alpine
CDA-7894RB deck
SPX-177A front slpits 6.5"

Signat 5-channel amp btw.

my question is how big can u actually go in the back doors?
And can u put slpits in the back doors instead of 2-ways?
there is a magazine here that said they put alpine DDDrive 6.5" slpits in the back doors.

Help please!

·
Premium Member
2,802 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum.

I have heard you can fit 5.25" speakers in the rear doors with no problems and some people were able to go as big as 6.5" with a little modifications. You can also mount a tweeter in the door if you want to go with components or splits as you call them. I personally went with a set of coax in the rear deck where I think is a better location for rear speakers instead of the rear doors.

BTW, this is your first post and my 1,000th. Yeah I am an STi addict, what can I say.

·
Drive True
6,833 Posts
Moderator, remove the redundant thread also named "heard it before....stereo question"

·
Registered
779 Posts
Not all 5.25" speakers will fit without problems. Some will require you to enlarge the metal opening in order to drop in. Depth is not much of a concern, its the top mounting depth you need to worry about. Just watch certain coax speakers that have the tweeter protruding past the woofer cone. It will rub the door panel. You will definitely need to enlarge the opening if you want 6.5"s installed in the rear.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok thanks!
i will be definatly fitting SPX series 5.25 splits in the rear doors.
i hope there is no cutting involved!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts