IW STi Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed my Alpine head unit into the STI. The Circuit City "Subaru to Universal plug" fit perfect. It's listed under Impreza. They also sell a Universal to Alpine harness as well. $25 total and I didn't have to splice a single wire. The Antenna wire was in the dash as well. Works great! Now I need a sub...

On a side note, Ken's audio in Pensacola, FL told me there's no plug available for a WRX, so I won't be dealing with them...

·
Registered
350 Posts
I was just going to post about a harness. Good thing I did a search!! :D
I guess I'll be visiting Circuit City soon. (as soon as my HU arrives anyway)

Thanks
-dp

·
Registered
858 Posts
Re: whats a good sound setup for about 700.00

CC also sells a adapter for the speakers too. $6 or 7 per pair...

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
zimm said:
I just installed my Alpine head unit into the STI. The Circuit City "Subaru to Universal plug" fit perfect. It's listed under Impreza. They also sell a Universal to Alpine harness as well. $25 total and I didn't have to splice a single wire. The Antenna wire was in the dash as well. Works great! Now I need a sub...

On a side note, Ken's audio in Pensacola, FL told me there's no plug available for a WRX, so I won't be dealing with them...
Crutchfield has one for 12.99 IIRC.

-st

M

·
0 Posts
Odd i bought mine at circuit city as well, but as I remember, it was only $15 bucks which I still thought was a bit expensive...

·
Registered
350 Posts
Well, the Subaru to Universal harness doesn't fit the Kenwood KDC-MP522 HU :( Gotta head back to Circuit City tomorrow.

·
Registered
85 Posts
In-dash tv question?

I bought a harness for sti plus a harness for the kenwood headunit so I dont have to splice any wire just plug it in, cost me I think $15 for each I got it in circiut city.

·
Registered
100 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
thats it.

If you want to go all the way though, you'll need to get the 'Headunit to universal' adapter as well, where headunit equals whatever kind you bought (alpine, kenwood, etc).

·
Registered
100 Posts
Mistkerl, thank you.

--Inferno

·
Registered
1 Posts
By the way, has anyone had any problems with water getting into the door panels, my speakers and crossover are all wet after it rains.
Thanks

1 - 12 of 12 Posts