IW STi Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is a sale by Gruppe-S on Nabisco for V2 Gruppe-S 4-1 cast-collector exhaust manifolds. That is a mouthful...I would have said headers.
http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=409895

I had to buy one. $399.00 shipped.

Hi. My name is Stu and I have an addiction. I can't stop buying stuff for my freaking car. I will have everything purchased sooner or later and then there will be nothing left to buy, right? RIGHT? :lol:

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
I didn't think any of the WRX headers would fit the larger 2.5 block?

Guess we'll see, won't we Mr. Guinea Pig.

Hi. My name is Rob and I have an addiction. I like to wait for Stu to test parts out....and then I buy them! :lol:

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
CloNeGTS said:
I didn't think any of the WRX headers would fit the larger 2.5 block?

Guess we'll see, won't we Mr. Guinea Pig.

Hi. My name is Rob and I have an addiction. I like to wait for Stu to test parts out....and then I buy them! :lol:
Haha. :)

Max at Gruppe-S stated that they do fit the STi. They also have a flexi up pipe for $100, but I don't think it is worth the cash since our up is already catless.

·
Premium Member
922 Posts
It is nice to have somone that is willing to step up and try out all of these mods. I would rather learn from your mistakes and benefits then try it out on my car. Everything you have done to your car has been sweet Hummer. Look forward to the review of the headers(sound, power, install).

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Summit Point - Any One Interested in Two-day HPDE with Car

gforced said:
It is nice to have somone that is willing to step up and try out all of these mods. I would rather learn from your mistakes and benefits then try it out on my car. Everything you have done to your car has been sweet Hummer. Look forward to the review of the headers(sound, power, install).
I don't mind being the test guy. The only thing that didn't work well was the short ram. I sold it on eBay and lost about $10 in the deal. Pretty good odds so far{fingers crossed for the headers}.

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
ya good luck with the headers... lol although you shoulda gotten the up-pipe, because you'll have every dang exhaust piece replaced except that one and you'll have to do it lol ;). Also let us know if you lose too much low end? I dont know how much of all that would be good (you're gaining a lot of power, but it all seems to be on the top end). Kinda like in the Supra and exchanging to bigger exhaust piping diameter. Then again this turbo spools up at 3000 or so rather then 4000+ , so who knows. Good luck and let us know!

Robert~

EDIT: wow now that i've read the site correctly, they are claiming 30AWHP alone from the manifold... almost as good as the turboback exhaust :) hmmmmmmmmm and for 1/2 the price ... double hmmmm < goes to check bank account ;) >. Well if I end up having the money, 4 new mods are on my way. Uppipe, Headers, Perrin CC, and Perrin RAM Intake

Robert~

·
Registered
241 Posts
you'll lose the boxer rumble tho...

everyone! LET HIM WRITE UP A REVIEW BEFORE YOU PURCHASE NEW HEADERS! They are a non popular mod in the wrx community because you lose the boxer rumble... and the gains aren't THAT great (it's more like 14-17whp)

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
? so why does the dyno show 30whp? I would like to think that grouppe isnt lying, but I was wondering why you think that. For 30whp I might like the loss of the rumble, but I'll take your advice and wait.

Robert~

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
I understand, but then I'd figure it'd be more with the STI, since its a bigger engine and such, but Im not 100% sure, so we'll wait and see :)

Robert~

·
Registered
347 Posts
I thought that the rumble was a result of unequal length headers. The picture I saw didn't have equal length headers, so why would the rumble go away?

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
The lumpy hardly running sound comes from the unequal length headers. Notice that is sounds a lot like a 2 cylinder bike sometimes? The cylinder firings come out the pipe at close to the same time, giving the sound of a single, longer duration exhaust phase.

I don't think the uppipes are larger....just smoother. Even without a cat, it has been reported that the OEM uppipe isn't smooth flowing like a straight pipe would be.

·
Premium Member
922 Posts
You do have a problem. :D It is a problem that produces great fun though.

·
Registered
240 Posts
let me know how it goes hummer.i like doing mod before everyone else too.some have to lead the rest can just follow :lol:

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
after manifold and uppipe you'll have a full aftermarket exhaust sytsem right? Thats pretty sweet, try to get it up in the air and grab some pics. :) - when you get a chance.

Robert~

1 - 20 of 54 Posts