IW STi Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
'do right & fear no one"
8,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm headed to alaska with the babe for some work and r&r, 10 days worth, on friday. if i see an sti on the street with the keys, it'll be gone for at least 60 seconds (isfh).

·
'do right & fear no one"
8,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
i'm in love with this state.

last weekend hilary and i headed south on seward highway with a buddy and his wife on saturday. we did the animal refuge and portage glacier and then we stopped at alyeska, but too late in the afternoon to ski. hilary and i headed right back out on sunday and skied alyeska on the last day of their season. we had spring conditions (semi-loose granular) on the lower sections but it was really nice and fast up top and so warm, i skied without gloves. we'll do a whole weekend at alyeska next year.

on monday we headed to north to talkeetna and took the k2 aircraft tour around mckinley in a single engine turbine otter. we landed on the glacier at base camp, hung out for 25 minutes and headed back. words cannot describe how incredible this 2 hour trip was.

i worked for the rest of the week, training people in juvenile justice from all over the state in anchorage. on saturday we headed south to seward where we had our first sti sighting; a very nice wrb/g. we did the wildlife museum on saturday and had a great time. today we did the long 6 hour tour of the coast. it was mindbogging. i've got humback whale shots among the 300 pics i took of this trip alone. i'll try to post just a few later.

·
'do right & fear no one"
8,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
'do right & fear no one"
8,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
love to, anorexic, but we're already back in ny. i did wave to you on the flyover bc (isfh).

·
'do right & fear no one"
8,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i just want to say i will be back in alaska every year for at least the next several years during the first two weeks of may.
whatastate!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts