IW STi Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a 2015 STi.

Upon driving at night, it's as if I'm driving with no lights on.. however they are in fact on. I'm unable to see street signs and lines on the street.

I was starting to think I need to get my eyes checked, but when I drive my 370z this is not an issue at all.

Anyone else have this issue?

I guess I will be upgrading bulbs in the near...

·
Registered
573 Posts
I have the same problem. The headlights are bright but seem to point downwards giving me a bad amount of visibility on my 16 sti. I?m also from CT btw (Middletown)

·
Premium Member
5,285 Posts
Verify and mentally accept a bulbs life before choosing it for it's intensity. My minimal experience is you pay $3X for twice as bright with 1/3 or less the life. I was very disappointed to have new bulbs fail a few months after they were replaced.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I ended up getting the head lights looked at while I was at the dealership getting something else done. They said they checked the bulbs aim/alignment, and it's on point. No adjustment needed.

I feel like my expectations for the low beams are ultimately what I get when I turn on the high beams (I expect more??). For now, I guess I'm going to sit tight and not change a thing. I'll shelf this idea for another day if I stumble upon a solution..

It's the only grievance I have on the car..

·
Premium Member
5,285 Posts
+1

I don't know on the newer STIs but the GR has a easy to reach plastic screw to aim the bulbs higher. They are really low from the factory.
In a GD you have a four position adjustment on the dash :) :) :)

I ended up getting the head lights looked at while I was at the dealership getting something else done. They said they checked the bulbs aim/alignment, and it's on point. No adjustment needed.

I feel like my expectations for the low beams are ultimately what I get when I turn on the high beams (I expect more??). For now, I guess I'm going to sit tight and not change a thing. I'll shelf this idea for another day if I stumble upon a solution..

It's the only grievance I have on the car..
Despite what i previously posted about bulbs, there are whole HID and LED headlight replacements available. The good ones are expensive though - in the ball park of $500. Young friend with a recent WRX has a nice set - baked em apart in his moms oven and all . . .yeah besides the cash, that's what it can take . . .

These look nice

SubiSpeed DRL / Sequential Full LED Headlights - *15+ WRX / 2015-2017 STI - Headlights - Lighting - 15+ STI

at almost twice the price . . . They're standard equipment on the $80K STI :0

1 - 8 of 8 Posts