IW STi Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been having trouble with the high pitched chirp that goes off when unlocking and locking the car. I know that you are able to turn on and off this feature and I have before. But it just stopped working the other day. The same day I found a huge dent on my passenger side door. Looks like a door ding but it's pretty long and there's scratches. Either way it sucks. But weird thing is that I tried turning it on and off and no chirp. I know it chirps to tell you it's set to chirp. I also tried to make my panic go off, and that was not working either. Been like this a couple of days now. Every day I test it to chirp, most of the time it does and then dies when I keep testing. I actually heard it struggle, it got less audible, then stopped. Sometimes no chirp at all. But luckily just now I made the panic go off and the car is chirping away. Hopefully it will stay this way. I was just wondering if anyone had any trouble of this kind. I only have a few mods and they are a turbo back and intake, some suspension, and the only thing I could think of affecting the security would be my apex tt. But I've had that thing on for a LONG time and no probs. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Joe. ps, sorry for such a long post, just wanted to be as descriptive as possible.

·
Registered
900 Posts
Before you guys head down to the dealer, are you sure the car isn't just in valet mode? Try opening the driver's door, and while its open, on your remote, press LOCK UNLOCK LOCK quickly. That toggles the valet mode of most alarms.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.