IW STi Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got pulled over this morning in doing 52 in a 35.
Cop only kept me for like 5 min and gave me a warning I really didnt realize how fast i was going, but should have know he was there. There usually is in the A.M., he was actually very cool, i overheard him telling the other cop that he "would love to have one of those" talking about m STi, after the other one was staring at my wing, guess one didnt know a thing about Subarus. Anyway he came back handed me licnse, etc.. and when i asked him were my ticket was he just kinda shrugged and said "i'm giving you a warning"
I was like uh ok thanks Totally shocked, very cool cop indeed, just told me to slow it down.
<!-- / message -->
<!-- / message -->

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Im not braggn about the speed, just saying that i have gotten tickets for 1 over before. Seriously (got throw out in court thought) just saying the op was very cool about it. I have a conceled permit and when he asked for my car registration i told him he may want to get it out of my gloebox, and why. He was even cool about that just got me out of the car while he took my reg and gun out of the glovebox. Usually it seems to take them forever to run my info but he was back within 5 minutes and just walked to the passeanger side of my car, handed me my forms, and put the gun back and thats when he said im just going to give you a warning. But that was all he said about it like that was the warning. Very cool

·
Premium Member
4,120 Posts
Warnings are a rare thing in our cars I think.....:busted: :lol:

·
Murderer & Drug Dealer
11,934 Posts
I find that having a concealed carry permit is a great way to get out of a ticket. Just follow the rules. Cop pulls you over. Roll down your windows, put both hands on the steering wheel in easy view and say:

"Officer, before we begin, I need to inform you that I am licensed to carry a concealed firearm. My gun in <insert location>. What would you like me to do?"

Cops know that if you've gone through the background checks to get the permit, and are smart enough to handle the situation responsibly as above, they're not dealing with some asshat idiot and (GENERALLY speaking) are more likely to cut you some slack. I've been pulled over twice since I obtained my first CCW permit a few years ago. Both times I handled it as above. Both times, the officer immediately put away his, "Damn speeder!" attitude.

I recommend getting one if you're a habitual speeder, even if you don't own a gun. :D

Nice story, glad the cop cut you some slack. Sow down!

·
3,274 Posts
I had a similiar experience not too long ago and got off with a warning. Since you were honest, didn't BS him, and told him up front about your CCW permit and the gun in the glovebox he was probably decided to go easy on you. If you hadn't done all of those, then things might have been different.

Slow it down a bit and enjoy the ride. :)

·
Registered
13,608 Posts
boondocksaint said:
I find that having a concealed carry permit is a great way to get out of a ticket.
You make it sound like getting a CCW is like buying groceries at the store.

I live in CA, they don't just hand them out here, plus weapons are for self defense, not for intimidating cops. They are also ALOT of liability.

To the original poster

As far as the STi goes, I'm not surprised, this car gets up to crazy speeds very fast, you just have watch the gauges.

Pretty cool that he cut you a break, heck I got 2 breaks in 4 months.

·
Murderer & Drug Dealer
11,934 Posts
Peleg said:
You make it sound like getting a CCW is like buying groceries at the store.

I live in CA, they don't just hand them out here, plus weapons are for self defense, not for intimidating cops. They are also ALOT of liability.
Who said anything about intimidation? That's just plain foolish. I was saying that police officers generally consider that CCW as a sign that you're not a complete idiot, since you did go through the trouble to get one, and prove you're responsible enough for the state to give you the permit. They tend to cut you some slack.
I believe I also said that you did not even have to own a gun, just get the permit (weird states like CA, NY, etc., I'm afraid are just out of luck). I carry for personal protection - have for a long time.
Nowhere did I say ANYTHING about intimidating a cop with a gun. That's retarded. You end up with the last moments of your life recorded on a dash cam with Sheriff John Bunnell telling everyone what a complete moron you are. Read the post again. :(

FYI: Sadly, in some states (Alabama for instance), getting a CCW is like getting groceries at the store. You fill out a form, pay $20 and they take your picture and mail the permit to you. They don't even fingerprint you. The don't require gun registration. You can buy a gun without a permit, etc. It should be a little more detailed than that, I think, but not impossible like CA and NY.

·
Premium Member
2,189 Posts
KiR DieseL said:
its a real pain in the ass to get a Gun in NYC :mad:

I havent researched it fully but i know the whole process sucks
I have heard the same thing. Damn NY. I wonder what the process is though. What makes it such a pain? I would really like to start looking into it.

·
Murderer & Drug Dealer
11,934 Posts

·
Registered
4,033 Posts
Rac10000 said:
I have heard the same thing. Damn NY. I wonder what the process is though. What makes it such a pain? I would really like to start looking into it.
http://www.ci.nyc.ny.us/html/nypd/html/dclm/ldinfo.html

From what i gather quickly reading it you have to pay $350.. go through a application and personal interview process just for the license and you cant walk or drive around with a loaded gun at ANY time which is no fun :lol:

·
Drive True
6,829 Posts
JDex said:
Thats the way i felt, it made my day. I thought 'warnings" were a myth
Nope...I've been warned by MPs on a Naval Base before.

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
lucky u for not getting a ticket

·
Drive True
6,829 Posts
Darkiller said:
get the V1 radar dector
agreed, but don't use it as a license to speed...use it as an extra pair of eyes ;)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts