IW STi Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have searched the forum for a picture of the 2006 Plastic engine mounts but came out unsuccessful. I did find the old thread on the broken engine mounts but the picture of the 2006 mounts was not showing in the thread, although the 05 mounts were. So, my question...does anyone have a picture of the 06 engine mounts they can post. I want to see if I have the old mounts from the 05 model or the plastic mounts that were placed in the 06's. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
kessler89 said:
i thought i read somewhere that late prod. 06's were getting the 04-05 mounts cause of all the problems:confused: who knows if that's true, i'm just waiting for mine to break:tdown:

You are correct. Late production 06's had the 2005 mounts installed. That is why I was looking for a picture of the plastic ones.

BTW. The engine mounts in the link Soares posted looks like the ones underneath my car...Correct me if I am wrong, but the plastic engine mounts are all black correct? hmmm...

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
r12rex said:
You are correct. Late production 06's had the 2005 mounts installed. That is why I was looking for a picture of the plastic ones.

BTW. The engine mounts in the link Soares posted looks like the ones underneath my car...Correct me if I am wrong, but the plastic engine mounts are all black correct? hmmm...
hmmmmmm i wonder if mine are solid then, my car was built in march of 06 :confused:

·
pwn n00bs
18,247 Posts
march is a late production car.
the ones pictured are not what you have...those are a stronger material.
they're all black though.

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
kessler89 said:
hmmmmmm i wonder if mine are solid then, my car was built in march of 06 :confused:

HEY! My car was built March as well!!!! :D I believe we both have the 05 mounts then...I need to get underneath my car again...or of course you can also and post a picture of what the mounts actually look like. I know for a fact though it looks like the only picture showing in this link...

http://www.iwsti.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34215&page=4&highlight=engine+mounts

This is why I was asking for a picture of the old mounts so I can compare my mounts to them...hmmm...

·
Registered
1,463 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
r12rex said:
I have searched the forum for a picture of the 2006 Plastic engine mounts but came out unsuccessful. I did find the old thread on the broken engine mounts but the picture of the 2006 mounts was not showing in the thread, although the 05 mounts were. So, my question...does anyone have a picture of the 06 engine mounts they can post. I want to see if I have the old mounts from the 05 model or the plastic mounts that were placed in the 06's. Thanks!
I think the plastic 06's are a shiny black and the 05's are a flat rubbery black.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts