IW STi Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in identical siuation

2 days in a row, random people start sticking their heads and looking in the car, i hate that
any car alarms that will drive them away?
i hate it

·
retired mod
4,012 Posts
i have heard of something, cant help u with a name thou, maybe someone else could. im not sure if it runs from motion or heat but a guy i know has one on his car back in australia that tells the person(literally) to back off this car is alarmed. have u searched the posts in the electronics section? they have some about car alarms etc... i dont read that forum alot so i dont know whats happening in it

·
Registered
87 Posts
I have heard of such (talking) type of alarms in cars. IMO, I think it would attract more people to go by your car especially kids to teens...They'll be messing with your car more trying to make the alarm talk....

About the brand, I believe Clifford / Viper alarms have that feature...I think it's called a proximity alarm...Not sure if those co still exists though...good luck on your search.

·
Registered
963 Posts
I once saw a plaque in the window of a classic car (I think it was a '38 Buick) that said something to the effect of:

"Don't touch my car because fingerprints really p--s me off"

Something like that might work...

...or you could just go with the lawn chair and air rifle.

·
Drive True
6,833 Posts
Buy a house to surround the car with :D

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
STiObserver said:
egads. :eek: that's all the motivation some people would need to key the car. people will be jealous enough; no need to rub their face in it. i'll happily deal with fingerprints since they come off in the wash.

·
Premium Member
2,802 Posts
Yeah I was thinking the same thing. If I was some kid walking by I would deliberatly touch it. Of course I was a good kid :wink: others would probably do something worse.

·
Registered
963 Posts
4MLA1FN said:
STiObserver said:
egads. :eek: that's all the motivation some people would need to key the car. people will be jealous enough; no need to rub their face in it. i'll happily deal with fingerprints since they come off in the wash.
Yeah. This was several years ago before many people became selfish and rude a--holes and actually respected other people's property :evil: ... and most folks had a sense of humor...

·
Registered
410 Posts
The problem i am running into(happened tonight actually) is people parking next to me on purpose. I park out in the middle of friggin nowhere when i can. I go in to Media Play for 10 minutes to pick up a dvd and some drum sticks(my local music stores were closed and i broke my last pair) and a piece of junk rusted very old ford taurus is parked next to me out in the boonies. WTF!!! Those people see nice cars all alone and park next to em just to piss people like me off. I immediately go into full examination mode to check for door dings, etc. If i ever find anything its on. Peace!!

·
Registered
133 Posts
Thats the same thing that happens to me X-Japan. Why cant people just stay away from the car. I dont mind looking cause I look all the time, but no touching.

·
Registered
93 Posts
get the bb gun, or maybe hook an extra battery or something up to the outside of the car for electric shock action.

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
X-Japan said:
The problem i am running into(happened tonight actually) is people parking next to me on purpose.
:) sorry x but that is just hilarious! i've never seen/heard of such a thing but it really cracks me up. i work at a university which, like all universities, is chronically and perpetually short of parking, so i have to suck it up and park where i can find a spot. to make the best of a bad situation, i do my best to park: next to an immaculate car; one that has reversed into the spot (for some reason i wanna think that someone who takes the time to back in cares more than average about his/her car); next to a clean modded car (hoping that the owner will know, appreciate and respect the sti); and the best option is to park next to a late-model wrx. in the end dings are gonna happen. i'm just pleased she's 38days old and is still ding/scratch free. (knock on wood.)

·
Registered
118 Posts
ha, i once encountered a talking alarm on a jeep when i was smaller, like 10 years old, and it scared the hell out of me, kakaka

^_^

·
Drive True
6,833 Posts
4MLA1FN said:
...:) sorry x but that is just hilarious! i've never seen/heard of such a thing but it really cracks me up. i work at a university which, like all universities, is chronically and perpetually short of parking, so i have to suck it up and park where i can find a spot. to make the best of a bad situation, i do my best to park: next to an immaculate car; one that has reversed into the spot (for some reason i wanna think that someone who takes the time to back in cares more than average about his/her car); next to a clean modded car (hoping that the owner will know, appreciate and respect the sti); and the best option is to park next to a late-model wrx. in the end dings are gonna happen. i'm just pleased she's 38days old and is still ding/scratch free. (knock on wood.)
The situation you wanna look for is to park on the right side of someone who parks head first, and on the left side of someone who parks rear first. This way the driver door of the adjacent cars will open away from yours :) Don't park near family-type cars, especially since the passenger doors are more likely to be carelessly opened...the worst case then would be to park in reverse of what I just suggested above :wink:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts