IW STi Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I read in some car magazine laying around that suby had planned to have an sti revision for the 06 model year. Its kinda funny me asking about the new sti already since we have just BARELY tapped into what the sti can do now, but its much more likely that i would pick up a sti by '06, as i have no money and am 17. That idiotic rant aside, does anyone have any tidbits pertaining to the new sti?

PS nobody knows me but i have been sharking around for months and have just decided to say something. Thats mostly because i dont entirely understadn this great machinery, coming off oldschool beater american muscle, with the beautiful simpleness of the engines...straight rear axles...and anyways id prefer to NOT look like an idiot by saying something totally moronic like "HEY A TURBO WILL MAKE YOUR CAR GO FAST!". Youll be seeing more of me, and if can pull together some money, you may even see a semi-respnonsible teen taking out his freinds with their 302-equipped mustangs lol. Nice to meet you all. I apologize but cannot refund your wasted time.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I believe the next generation STi will get the active diff technology that Prodrive has been working on. There's an article on scoobynet.co.uk talking about it...

The only other feature I'm really hoping for is a true sequential manual transmission.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Stereo

whats teh real c-spec suspension and a driving rack?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
could you give me a link to the article, i tried skimming through but couldnt find the thread.

·
Registered
467 Posts
I thought someone said it was going to be a twin turbo.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Enkei RPF1s - Where to buy?

Nonlegit said:
whats teh real c-spec suspension and a driving rack?
The Spec C is a stripped down lightweight version of the STi sold only in Japan. It has more aggressive alignment settings and different springs & struts, etc. I believe it also has a quicker steering ratio than the normal STi.

And supposedly the DCCD can be dialed back all the way to 100% rear.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
the speculation is:
Form of the B11 concert car..
Probably a boxer 6 turbo
Slightly larger
Upscale interior/exterior (since Subaru been trying to move upscale with WRX)

My wishes:
Better paint job
Ceramic brakes (ye, right)
head airbags
Sunroof
mp3 player/DVD NAV
400/400 hp/torque
bi-xenons
18 or 19s in the back with 285 width (deep dish)
coupe & wagon in addition to sedan

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
amdmaxx said:
My wishes:
Better paint job
head airbags
Sunroof
mp3 player/DVD NAV
400/400 hp/torque
bi-xenons
Sounds like BMW builds your car already...minus the ceramic discs of course. ;)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Oh, but a 2 door coupe would be so COOL. Found myself on a Japanese
Subaru website once (can't remember where) and there were pictures of WRX coupes in Japan - right hand drive of course.

·
Registered
251 Posts
amdmaxx said:
the speculation is:
My wishes:
Better paint job
head airbags
Sunroof
mp3 player/DVD NAV
400/400 hp/torque
bi-xenons
This is the kind of stuff that doomed the late, great Japanese supercars (RX7, Supra, 300ZX TT). If you want a BMW, buy a BMW. If you want maximum, cheap performance, that's what the STi is for. Oh, I'll take the better paint and 400hp. :D

That said, bring back the Impreza coupe!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts