IW STi Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any experience with any good harnesses in an STi? I haven't seen any in STi's yet or any info on them either. Staying in place in the seat is a bit of a problem for me. I'm not a "fat American" and because I'm so small, the best I can do is use my legs to brace and that kinda sorta hurts working the pedals. Any info or other tips?

RN

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info. How would a 3-point harness hook into an STi? I've seen the pics of the 4-point now but not of 3.

RN

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
bitabur said:
3 point = stock.
Actually not. That's a 3-point seat belt but definitely not a harness. It also doesn't hold well enough...not even close. I'm small but still slide around way too much.

RN

·
Registered
422 Posts
Dealer ratings

I am a Fat American and primarily mounted the 3" wide lap /shoulder belts and 1 3/4" 5th & 6th points to keep my back side firmly in the seat. Another trick. Just before a run with fixed belts, ratchet up the seat height after tightening them. You can feel the belts constrict your breathing before you get the green flag. The safety questions are addressed in the previous links.

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Web_Foot_STi said:
"Y" harnesses are not SCCA legal. The old ones had a nasty habit of splitting...
Is "Y" the 3 or 4-point harness? I've seen the 4-point used in autoX before and ones that bolt into roll cages but that's all. I also can't ratchet the seat up any...I keep it all the way up all the time. I know I could go down some then bring it back up and I might try that but I've messed with the belt before and not done so hot. Just last night I got tossed around like crazy at the autoX...though still did well.

RN

·
Registered
422 Posts
The old "Y" harnesses are centerd on the back of the seat. 3 point. The Schroth is a different flavor. Much improved, but the SCCA still bans 3 point harnesses.

I have a long torso and have my seat set at the lowest adjustment point.

As I said, I have a Simpson harness to keep my back side firmly in the stock seat. AS has firm rules...

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
lemme know how it installs. I wanna see it in person as well... if you ever meet up again with everyone just lmk and I'll come out to see it.

Robert~

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well, UPS saw fit to pick it up in Ohio, then ship clean by where I live in north Alabama to south Alabama. It has been bouncing around between Montgomery and Tuscaloosa a while now. In theory, it arrives tomorrow, but given the grief they've given me, I highly doubt it arrives tomorrow. Wouldn't be surprised if they outright lost it on the way.

RN

1 - 16 of 16 Posts