IW STi Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
201 - 220 of 250 Posts

·
I Solve Problems
18,254 Posts
Re: Harman Motive's 2008 STI - Major Update Pg 14 #136 (Dyno, tailight film, brakes,

That's exactly what I plan to do. The worst that could happen is that look like they clear once I put them on, then they get a nice gouge rubbed in them on my first autox run and I won't be able to return them. :(
don't look at it like that, look at is an entry way to BSP and finding some coilovers. :)

you can always sell the 285s to the Solstice crowd. :)

of course if you're worried running a 245/35/18 isn't terrible for a 8.5"

it's a good starting point.

I wonder if Harman has some spare 285s laying around they could test fit on some stock wheels....;)

·
Registered
839 Posts
Re: Harman Motive's 2008 STI - Major Update Pg 14 #136 (Dyno, tailight film, brakes,

Definitely no BSP this year. I'm selling my WRX because it was too nasty a daily driver in ESP trim.

·
Registered
377 Posts

Definitely no BSP this year. I'm selling my WRX because it was too nasty a daily driver in ESP trim.

He he, Been there, doing that. Selling my formerly ESP trimmed 2004 Forester XT right now as well. Daily driving on 550/650 springs was rough.

Just yanked the double adjustible Konis off of her today...
Going up for sale soon too....

·
Registered
1 Posts

do we have and update? hows everything going?

·
Banned
875 Posts
Discussion Starter #209

What do you mean "aren't gutted"?

Also, general update for you.

We have the FIRST set of KW coilovers installed on this car now. We are finishing up a shoot with SubieSport this week. I'll post up new pics early next week and hopefully the final dyno numbers.

- Dan

·
Registered
1,160 Posts

What do you mean "aren't gutted"?

Also, general update for you.

We have the FIRST set of KW coilovers installed on this car now. We are finishing up a shoot with SubieSport this week. I'll post up new pics early next week and hopefully the final dyno numbers.

- Dan
Sorry, all I meant was, I'd like more "sexy" pics of the car without all its parts lying around. This 08 is one of the sexier ones so far.

·
Registered
2,724 Posts

pics of ban.....

;);)

·
Banned
875 Posts
Discussion Starter #213

·
Registered
649 Posts
They are 18 x 9 et 35 w/ Advan Neova 265/35/18s.
Would this set up rub on an 06? :p I love the meat on the wheels and how they fill the wheel well up.

·
Registered
238 Posts
HM Stage 2 Brake Upgrade

Immediately after the last track event, I knew we had to get a brake upgrade on the car. As with previous STIs, the weak braking is primarily due to the pads, lines, and rotors not the calipers. As such, you can perform an economical brake upgrade that gives you near BBK performance.

Our Stage 2 package consists of:

Performance Friction 2-Piece Rotors
Ferodo Brake Pads (DS2500 recommended)
Harman Motive 08 STI SS Brake Lines
Motul RBF600 Fluid

Braking performance was greatly increased with this setup. The lines and pads really do a number on the feel, you now get positive engagement as soon as you touch the pedal. Furthermore (and most importantly), fade has been greatly reduced.

I boiled the fluid bone-stock at Buttonwillow raceway on the FIRST session. Even after replacing the fluid with Motul, the brakes continued to easily overheat. This is at a track that is NOT very hard on brakes, and furthermore, I wasn't pushing the car. In my opinion, a brake upgrade of some sort is completely necessary on these cars.
The Performance Friction 2-pece rotors are 0.3inch smaller than the stock 13 inch rotors,right?

Does the contact patch between front brake pads and rotors become smaller after putting these new rotors on(less contact area =less pad grip)?

Since the new brake caliper is designed for use with 13inch rotors rather than 12.7inch ones, i guess the stock
rotors might offer better performance (more metal to dissipate heat,and more pad grip)

The PF 2-piece drilled rotors look cool,and it can save some weight as well.
However,Better Brake Pads + SS Brake Lines + Race Brake Fluid with stock rotors will do fine for light track use.

·
Registered
4,880 Posts

pics of ban.....

;);)
Ummmm ok, here ya go......

Edit: Sorry, I shouldn't be putting stupid crap like this in your journal. I lost my head for a minute there. Car is looking good by the way..

201 - 220 of 250 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.