IW STi Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone installed them and are they worth the money that they cost? I will be getting the sti pinks and strut bars. I think that should be enough.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Yes. You're on the right track. Those three mods complement each other very well - almost like a "set."
Enjoy.

·
Registered
3,454 Posts
Navy,

If you are going to do the stprings, it would be wise to do the strut mounts. Also, you may want to get the lateral links and install them as well if you are going to the trouble of installing the pinks. The strut bar issue has been beaten to death in other places. You will likely notice a difference, which if there really truly is it will be due to the rear strut bars. You will definitely enjoy pushing the STI through corners even more with this new setup.

·
Registered
3,454 Posts
ChargedPerformance said:
The only reason not to do the hardened strut top mounts when changing to pinks is if you are using Cusco camber plates instead. ;)

If you don't want to because of noise or ride - shouldn't be going to pinks anyway.
I think the compromise in noise or ride is really not as much a factor as people suggest. Actually, IMHO, the tires are a great cause of the tire noise that you hear. Changing those will substantially reduce the noise and any additional noise created by hardened strut tops will be small and outweighed by the added benefit they provide in conjunction with the STI pink springs.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just to make sure I am on the right page the hardened mounts are the little triangle pieces with three screws that cost about 200.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Yes they are a round piece for the spring perch top connected to a triangle type shape mounting piece with the three bolts for mounting to the chasis - but they are closer to $300 since they are sold by the piece and you need 2 front and 2 rear.

We have 2 sets of four coming in next week and sell them for $290 + shipping (and NJ sales tax where applicable).

We also sell the springs with the mounts at a healthy discount for $649 + shipping (and NJ sales tax where applicable).

https://chargedperformance.ixwebhosting.com/catalog/index.php/cPath/26?osCsid=5a2eb4d7d2905c69f6c73775d1fb47ca

·
Registered
153 Posts
WA Kumho Ecsta Supra 225-45-17

Pink springs would be $375 + shipping.

On the rear mounts we have not generally received requests seperate from four the cost would be $195 + shipping. If they were ordered with the springs we would knock $20 off.

So pink springs and rear mounts would be $550.00 + shipping.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts