IW STi Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I went by my tire dealer and saw/touched/caressed the Hakka 2's that he got for my STi - and I guess the title of this thread says it all.

These things are going to be able to climb mountains!

I'm just waiting for the Rota Tarmac II's in metallic gunmetal to show up and then the snow can start flying.

Lars

·
Registered
77 Posts
sweet man. I just got Nokian WR's on my car for the winter and I really like em. I guess you could say they are more of an every day tire than the hakkas but they forsure look like they are going to be beasts in the snow. Just be careful when its dry pavement because my WR's have a strong tendancy to want to slide when i get on the gas turning. I have to take it much much easier than I did with my RE070s but they seem like a great choice for winter.

Good luck with ur Hakka 2s!!!

·
Registered
212 Posts
Where??

I had Steelcase BS me that the Hakka 2's in 225/45/17 non-studed will not be available in NA and that even the states will only see limited number of studed ones! :mad:

After phoning around I found at least 4 local dealers and some in the US that stock them. I'm just still debating whether to order from the US or go local. Plus I am also waiting for my grey Tarmac IIs! :D

BTW, the Hakka 2's are plain viscous! After seeing and feeling the display model I was sold!

·
Premium Member
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: I found it

G-shock said:
Tire Discounter
190 Hwy 7 West (near Hwy 10 and Bovaird)
Unit 36
Brampton, Ontario
L7A 1A2

Ask for Ron or Bernie - they got them for me. BTW, I got their name from the Nokian web site as a local supplier. They're a little hole-in-the-wall type place but hey, they got the goods.

G-shock said:
BTW, the Hakka 2's are plain viscous! After seeing and feeling the display model I was sold!
I'm still in shock over these tires :eek: . I run a Durango 4x4 too and I've always considered the Goodyear Wranglers on it to be well suited to deep snow because of the deep treads and wide exit path for slush. The Hakka's just make the Wranglers look like kids stuff. Also, I can confirm that these are the genuine article - say's Hakka 2 on the side and I spent some time looking at the stud mount points.

As for the 'feel' of the tires I'm still thinking about that aspect. They're very soft, comparable to the Blizzak LM22's but my understanding is that they are much more durable and will last multiple winters. I can't wait to feel how they perform.

I was looking at a set of Dunlop M3's they had at TireWorks in Mississauga the other day (they said their last set) and IMHO there's just no comparison with the Hakka's.

Lars

P.S. Now, where do you think I could get the studs for those extra snowy days? :D

·
Registered
212 Posts
CEL+cruise light flashing!

lars_cockswell said:
...I was looking at a set of Dunlop M3's they had at TireWorks in Mississauga the other day (they said their last set) and IMHO there's just no comparison with the Hakka's...
I remember when I saw the M3s I was impressed but I knew I had to wait to see the Hakkas, and I am glad I did...

·
Drive True
6,833 Posts
Can these be purchased online? I couldn't find them here in the states...

wicked looking tread! :eek:

·
Registered
212 Posts
mx270a said:
That is it my friend! :D

I decided to take care of all my winter tire issues, so on Wednesday I drove down to Oakos automotive in MI to pick up his last set of grey T2's, and on the way back have a set of Hakka 2's mounted at a tire dealer in Waterloo.

Yes it was a long day, but everything is now done, had "fun" on the way, broke a few personal land-speed records before saying good-bye to my 070's for the winter, and also found out you can average 11mpg during highway driving! :wink:

I will give a review once the rubber bits and the factory coating wear off and the tire reveals itself...can't wait for the first snow storm! :D

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
I don't know that there will be tons of the 2's available in the US. When I ordered them through Les Schwab here on the west coast, they were out of them at the warehouse and a set had to be tracked down from another store. I.e., if you want them, you should probably try to get them now! Other dealers may have more on hand, but I know that Les Schwab at least doesn't typically order in extra stock on such an unusual size of winter tire.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts