IW STi Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! Thank you for allowing me to participate in forum discussion. I recently purchased a 2020 STI. I look forward to adding to this thread as I progress into tuning and adding a built motor. I have experience tuning miatas, LS platforms, and some Ecoboost.

I never really was into EJs nonetheless Subarus until recently. Being a new dad this car appealed to me as I can drive it all throughout the year and have plenty of space.

So I found one local to me in east Texas with the wing delete just like I wanted. IMO the big wing always turned me off from these cars and I always thought to myself if I ever bought one that would be the first thing to go. Functional or not.

Anyways, I'm sure everyone is aware but the big sell for me during the test drive was how amazing this car handles right of the bat. Also the steering feel is sensational. I have been driving electric power steering for a few years now and other than the miatas I've had nothing compares. Tbh I think the steering feel is 2x as good as the best setup Miata. I just love how the steering loads up in the sti.

So first mods are window tint, and white line rear sway bar. I plan on getting an AP and going through their little class they make you take before I can get access to acesstuner. I want to tune this car myself. I've been reading a lot. I really like how the strategies are setup for the sti compared to Ecoboost. Probably after I tune it stock minus intake and axle backs I will be looking to go straight to built long block and a 3071 with twin disk. Anyways here is some pictures.

·
Registered
424 Posts
3071 is the exact turbo i'm considering. you plan on doing any racing with it or just having a fun car? regardless it's nice and a blast to drive

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Probably going to start back in autox again and some track days again. I really love driving this car. It is probably my favorite car I have ever driven. Its the biggest smallest car I have ever driven(if that makes sense lol). What I mean is it has plenty of space but it handles and feels much smaller. My 08 ls3 corvette felt like more of a handful in the corners tbh.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Probably going to start back in autox again and some track days again. I really love driving this car. It is probably my favorite car I have ever driven. Its the biggest smallest car I have ever driven(if that makes sense lol). What I mean is it has plenty of space but it handles and feels much smaller. My 08 ls3 corvette felt like more of a handful in the corners tbh.
that's what led me to buy mine. i actually had a deposit on an 04 cobra and then i drove an STi, took my deposit back and started searching for one haha. they are such a blast to drive

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Update!

I got my AP installed last night and finished taking the ATR class. I had to take a similar class to tune the ecoboost mustang i owned. Anyway I got the MAF dialed in the OTS map was way too lean. No wonder people kill motors with just a tune. Anyway here is a before and after. Next is timing. For right now I am plenty happy at 18psi.
BEFORE 12.98 Full Load! Eeeek!

AFTER

1 - 6 of 6 Posts