IW STi Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,802 Posts
I have seen this now on a couple car related forums. Yup that is great. That dumb ass got everything he deserves. I love seeing people that really deserve it get put in their place. He just reinforced everyones worries about leaving their pride and joy in the hands of... well anyone other than themselves. I don't care how qualified you are or if the car was built to handle it, it's the principle of it. When I go to a dealer for work I ALWAYS wait. It sux sometimes but I feel better when I do and can look through a window or something to see how things are going.

BTW, shouldn't this be in the "off topic" section. :wink: Sorry, had to say it. :D

·
Registered
886 Posts
If my STi ever has a problem and I have to take it in, that post isn't a very reassuring thing to read. Does this happen often with sports cars?

·
Drive True
6,833 Posts
hahhahaa

Make sure you note your odometer readings before and after you take it to a repair shop! I suppose you could also get one of your buddies to spy on them. I'd be pissed if it happened to my car :x

·
Registered
866 Posts
As a warranty issue heck no!

It made it to an IT related website.

"THE MISSING LINK
Wheeeeee! Joyride post gets mechanic canned
http://www.vnunet.com/News/1135622

A car mechanic's motor mouth threw a monkeywrench in his career when he went to a Ford Mustang forum on the Net and bragged how he had taken a customer's car on a 140 mph joyride. It turns out, the car owner read his post, went to the repair shop's owner and got the guy fired. Two morals to this story: Bragging online is a bad idea, and never take your car to a shop and tell them to make sure that no "punk" drives your car."

1 - 7 of 7 Posts