IW STi Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
858 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
last nite while gassing up, guess i forgot to put the gas cap back on AND close the fuel door!!!!!! :eek:

while going to work, some dude in a minivan starts honking his horn and waving his hands.

when i rolled down my window, he tells me that...

D'OH!!!!!!!!

(apologies to all blondes...)

·
Registered
858 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
weird part... i was expecting a CEL, or at least i thought i would be getting one... didnt...

·
Registered
2,482 Posts
Web_Foot_STi said:
We don't do that in Oregon... No self service.
Unfortunately. I'd pump my own gas any day. Loved it when I lived elsewhere for a time... go to the gas station, swipe card, pump gas, go home. No waiting, no worrying about people not being careful, etc. Having to have gas pumped for us is idiotic. They could at least give us self-serve and full serve.

And BTW, in case anyone thinks I'm bashing "gas pumpers", I used to be one many many years ago. As a consumer, though, I'd far rather pump my own.

·
Registered
858 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
FS: New OEM STI Floor Mats

mauahah said:
wow no CEL??
nope... or else i woulda seen it right away.

now, i havent read my manual lately but i thought it said it MAY trigger a CEL...

·
Registered
478 Posts
It should have triggered a CEL. I think it says right on the fuel door that not putting the gascap on tightly will cause the check engine light to come on. Interesting...

·
Registered
382 Posts
speaking of a brain fart, I had one of my wheels off last night(checking brake pads for wear-still have a ton after 3700 miles). I put it back on and drove to dinner, but left my wheel key on the lock. I came home and there was the key, sitting in front of my driveway.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts