IW STi Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
3,274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just had to give my IWSTI folks some props and say `Hi` from germany. im here for rally germany which so far has been sweet. i got within about 10 feet of Solberg`s car as he wizzed by at top speed. i took a ton of photos and ill post them when i get back.

i also got a chance to drive a few laps on the nurburgring. :D gotta say it was AMAZING!!!! we rented a BMW 325i and it was worth every penny. not as crisp as the STi but still a nice car, im thinking i need one as a project car. ;)

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
I'm 2 hours from you. I would really like to attend the rally.

·
Registered
6,488 Posts
Germany is cool. Have fun. Autobahn fun.

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
evilSTi7 said:
take the sti on the autobahn?
I did....for 9 long hours. My friend and I rode a train for 8 hours to Bremerhaven to picl up our cars and then drove back in 9 hours. It was sooooo hard driving her with out going over 4K. We did enjoy all of the stares from all the other drivers. We felt like celeberties or something :D

·
Registered
11 Posts
HEY! I am landing in Heidelburg at the end of the month! Besides your STi, how many others are in town? I've been there a few times and never seen a subaru!

I'll probably be heading to the base too (I'n Canadian, but my German friend has several good friends on base)... if I see someone in a STi, I'll wave. I'm so jealous you get to take your STi on the Autobahn. Only thing I've driven on the Autobahn is a daewoo!

·
Registered
4,244 Posts
looking forward to seeing some pictures! have a good time

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
lostmind said:
HEY! I am landing in Heidelburg at the end of the month! Besides your STi, how many others are in town? I've been there a few times and never seen a subaru!

I'll probably be heading to the base too (I'n Canadian, but my German friend has several good friends on base)... if I see someone in a STi, I'll wave. I'm so jealous you get to take your STi on the Autobahn. Only thing I've driven on the Autobahn is a daewoo!
Hello! Right now there's 2 2006 STIs, 1 2005 STI, and 1 2005 WRX. There are plenty of SRT-4s & "Hon-duh's" running all over the place. Two of my German friends have high powered Supras. Let me know when your coming and we can meet up.

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
STiSchucky said:
lol @ german ricers
Actually there all American :D . But there's plenty of Euro rice over here. Have you ever seen someone put Japanesse letters & graphics on a BMW? :notsure:

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Are you still in Germany?

I'll be going to the Nurburgring tomorrow, the 13th. There is a Nissan Skyline meet going down. Supposedly around 20 to 30 skylines from the UK.

I'm debating whether to take my car. I still haven't got my new SS brake lines...

I'll take pictures and post them up in the Europe regional forum.

Cheers!
Hawaii_guy

·
3,274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
YeloFva, you up for some company in hiedelburg? i was debating about going there in a day or two.

i wont be at the ring tomorrow although i would love to go see some skylines. were going to the end of the rally and some afterparties tomorrow.

i got some SWEET video of solberg flying by me during stage 5. being here we didnt know he blew his engine until we didnt see him pull into service.

we did hear solberg and mills had to walk up the stage most drivers drove up onto since he crashed during shakedown.

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
Hawaii_guy said:
Are you still in Germany?
Yep, for the next 2+ years!:D

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
kts262 said:
YeloFva, you up for some company in hiedelburg?
Sure, just let me know when you plan on coming. I would love to meet other STI owners. :)

·
3,274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
sweet ill PM you tomorrow when i sort things out more. the rally ends in trier tomorrow and then i was looking at going to luxembourg for the day after the rally if i dont find a good after party. if not i figured id do that monday and the sort out hiedelberg before i have to get back to frankfurt for a flight on the 16th. would be sweet to meet a fellow subie owner.

i saw a TON of subies here at the rally, most from the UK, but no one gave me us the subie wave when we waved. :( of course we were in either a lowly opel or a benz.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts