IW STi Forum banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Re: GV-2013 WRB STi Touge Build "Sammie"

Yeah I've got until it gets here to decide whether I'm going to make it a brake light or a rear fog light. Can't really decide which. Lol.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #23 (Edited)

Got the JDM Third Brake Light in. I also did the interior LED Conversion and I'll take a picture of that when we get a day this week when it's not supposed to be rainy...Which it's supposed to be all week. In the meantime, I'm going to figure out how to install the Third Brake Light.

Can't. Stop. Modding.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #24

Sorry I haven't posted in a minute....Been busy with some life changes. On Friday, I got married to my best friend and then moved into a house the next house. The moving process will take quite a while, and for the moment getting on the internet for extended periods of time will be limited(not a bad thing). Look for a "Test Fit" post in the future....Going to pick up some wheels tonight!

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #25

I think the next mod, after the Wheels, that I'm going to do is a bit of aero pieces and then the Turn-In Concepts Holy Shift Kit. Looking for opinions on whether I should go with something like AeroFlow Dynamics Front Splitter, Canards, sides, and rear pieces, or something a bit more simple like the little diffuser that covers the bottom of the back bumper (HT Autos) off of SMYperformance.com.

Next will finally be some go-fast bits. I've got a list, but I'll save y'all the trouble of reading it until I actually get it. I can't wait to start wrenching more this summer in my own Garage!

·
Registered
44 Posts

Those wheels really add a lot. Digging the look!

Are you keeping the stock wheels for Winter purposes or did you get rid of them?

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #28

Thanks Alex! I'm keeping them for now...: but wouldn't be opposed to selling them. Lol.

·
Registered
1,754 Posts

Hurry and buy more shit for your car before your significant other figures out they're supposed to nag you abut it.

The wheels look really good. I am not always a fan of darked-out lights etc but I think the overall look for your car is very good. Even without being lowered it looks quite nice.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #32

Little Update: As parts continue to pile up in the garage, Sammie got her first track day last Tuesday at Track Night in America at Atlanta Motorsports Park! It was a ton of fun and I'm definitely hooked. Now to get all these parts installed on a day off!

Side note, how does Road Atlanta compare to AMP? There are two track days in September that I want to go to, but I only want to go to one. I might do Road Atlanta since it includes an instructor for novices like me, but doing AMP again would get me more experience at carrying more and more speed through the corners and I wouldn't have to worry about learning a new track.

So....AMP or Road Atlanta?

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #33

Its been a while since I updated this thread, so here's a few changes since the last time.

The Mods continue to pile up in my garage. They include:
Invidia Catted Downpipe
Cobb Heat Shield
Turbo Blanket
Galvez Customs Canards
JDM Third Brake Light
GT-Spec D-Shaped Steering Wheel
WRB Painted to match Roof Spoiler
CF Rear Bumper Spats
Process West Cold Air Intake
Hawk HP+ Pads
DBA Rotors
Rally Armor Mudflaps.

Installing most of those on an install day next Saturday.

And a Daily Happened:
01 Honda Prelude. 1 Owner. 146K Miles. 5 Speed.

·
Registered
1,754 Posts

Its been a while since I updated this thread, so here's a few changes since the last time.

The Mods continue to pile up in my garage. They include:
Invidia Catted Downpipe
Cobb Heat Shield
Turbo Blanket
Galvez Customs Canards
JDM Third Brake Light
GT-Spec D-Shaped Steering Wheel
WRB Painted to match Roof Spoiler
CF Rear Bumper Spats
Process West Cold Air Intake
Hawk HP+ Pads
DBA Rotors
Rally Armor Mudflaps.

Installing most of those on an install day next Saturday.

And a Daily Happened:
01 Honda Prelude. 1 Owner. 146K Miles. 5 Speed.
[URL=http://i847.photobucket.com/albums/ab36/westernprelude/Flowmaster%20Install/70ADDDA4-4915-4124-91C2-437A66461DBD_zpsvwthh5qn.jpg]Image Link
[/URL]

[URL=http://i847.photobucket.com/albums/ab36/westernprelude/Flowmaster%20Install/A35D22F3-A667-4599-85BE-120386AED9FE_zps4mtcquw9.jpg]Image Link
[/URL]

[URL=http://i847.photobucket.com/albums/ab36/westernprelude/Flowmaster%20Install/03FB7FA9-F4A8-43CA-BC82-763113470393_zpssybxolbl.jpg]Image Link
[/URL]

[URL=http://i847.photobucket.com/albums/ab36/westernprelude/Flowmaster%20Install/8CFDAC0B-1235-418D-B55B-C39E323CB6AF_zpsniwutpnv.jpg]Image Link
[/URL]
I love late 90s / early 00s hondas. I wanted a prelude sooooo bad in high school. Part of me would love to have one now too. As much as I love DD the STI, it would be great to have a nice little honda or something to DD. Great that it's manual.

·
Registered
27 Posts

This car has come along quite a lot if I say so myself. But one thing that has progressed further then the car is the driver, quite an experience change, not to mention as humble as he is, don't be fooled he can put the power down and make the car drive like it should be driven. Can't wait to see what the future holds for you bud!

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Wow.. it has again been a long time since I updated this thread. I’ve been through several life changes and the car has come a looooooong way. Yes, she’s still in my hands. I’ve been keeping up a profile on Wheelwell.com with the same username, so be sure to check that out for the full list of current mods and picutures.
-February 17: Began working at Subaru of Gwinnett parts dept.
- April 2017: My daughter was born
- January 2018: Sammie was stored for the rest of the winter while I did upgrades such as TGV deletes, FlexFuel, Air Pump Delete, Injectors and several others. I did the majority of the work at nights after work.
- March 2018: Moved over to Subaru Service as an assistant first, then moved quickly up to Advisor.
-May 2018: She was finished up at B3 and tuned by DBW motorsports putting down a conservative 335 WHP and 440 lb-feet of torque on Ethanol.
-June 2018: Track day at Road Atlanta on one of the hottest days of the Atlanta summer. Had coolant issues with temperatures spiking and falling, got that fixed at the expense of one session, and finished out the day. On the way home, car would not go above 12lbs of boost. Took it to my buddy’s newly opened brick and mortar shop Atlanta Speed Company. Did some diagnostic and part swapping.

-July 2018: DBW Compression Test revealed 70 psi on Cylinder........anyone guess? That’s right, the infamous #4. Car was towed to ASC who began the process of tear down to rebuild motor. Went with a brand new OEM block that they had sitting at the shop. Over the next month, decided on....a few...... upgrades to do “while we were in there.” A very dangerous game.
-October 28 2018: Car finally finished and tuned for first time.
-December 2018: Returned to DBW for POWA tune. During tuning session, Doug noticed a “noise “ from engine and did not continue. Car towed back to ASC. Heads came off and were sent back to original machine shop where they replaced all bearings and camshafts because of setting clearances incorrectly.
February 2019: Finally, Sammie was finished. DBW tuned to 457 WHP and 408 on E85. 93 exactly 100 hp down, almost same TQ.
May 2019: My son is born.

That’s the big stuff in a nutshell. I will gradually update the mod list as time allows.... it is quite extensive now.

21 - 37 of 37 Posts