IW STi Forum banner

321 - 328 of 328 Posts

·
Registered
3,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #321
Just got my winter tire setup installed. Picked up off tire rack. 18x8 wheels, Yokohama iceguard IG53 snow tires

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #322
Ordered a whole suspension setup from Cygnus. I’ll post a detailed list of what I have when it arrives. Will be a killer track/ street setup. Cygnus is a great place to work with too.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Ordered a whole suspension setup from Cygnus. I’ll post a detailed list of what I have when it arrives. Will be a killer track/ street setup. Cygnus is a great place to work with too.

I’m going on a limb and guess it’s AST4100 with Superpro sway bars!

·
Registered
3,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #324
I’m going on a limb and guess it’s AST4100 with Superpro sway bars!
Nope. Cygnus X1 Motorsport edition with the concave valving. Comparable to Fortune Auto 510 s with locking spring perch, collars and 3 bolt locking camber plates. 510 have 2bolt locking camber plates. Also added the extenders and SuperPro roll center adjustment kit.

Understeer eliminator kit with all the options. SuperPro 26 front bar with bushings, 24 rear bar with bushings, SuperPro front and rear end links, rear mount braces

SuperPro adjustable rear LCA and rear toe arms bundle

·
Registered
532 Posts
Wow I had no idea Cygnus took it to the next level at a great price point. Looking forward to your review especially setting her up for initial rotation and mid corner balance.

·
Registered
3,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #326
Wow I had no idea Cygnus took it to the next level at a great price point. Looking forward to your review especially setting her up for initial rotation and mid corner balance.
Yes. Great site. Geoff is great at answering questions and helping get you set up. There are just a few additional bushings and things I can swap out down the road that will help even more. This is a solid chunk of the major stuff that will make a night and day difference. My last STI was a 2015 model which only had the rear LCA, front camber bolts, lowering springs and sways. I thought that was an improvement. This will be a whole new level. I was new to tracking then. Now I have 6 years at it and coming back from running the GT350 with it’s nice factory setup.

·
Registered
3,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #328
Is this also your daily driver? Curious what Geoff recommends on ride height, camber and tires/pads
Yes. Also my daily driver. We really talked about spring rates at sway bars. I told him tired I plan on running as well. Most likely TOYO 888R which I used on track with my GT350 and they were great. I also mentioned getting R7 slicks on dedicated track wheels down the road. I’m going to go 18” regardless for lower consumables cost and less weight. Brakes I had good experience with G-LOC on the Shelby. I’ll most likely go with those. I typically do brake swap before track days. Goes quick with the brembos.

321 - 328 of 328 Posts