IW STi Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to the East Coast Shootout today. Had a good time, saw some good runs but I am disappointed with my car. The car is STG2 with a Helix catted DP and the factory back box. It went a best of 13.29 @ 102.6 with a 1.71 60', 1/8th was 8.46 @ 81. (which is close to what I ran in 02 STG 2 WRX) What bothers me is I think that ET is great for that trap but I was hoping to trap around 105mph+. I ran a 13.34 @ 103.5 bone stock last year, the car just seems to fall on its face on top end. So is this a common thing with the OTS maps for the STi or what? Regardless it is time for a pro tune and street tuner in my near future and maybe even a catback to finish off the exhaust while I am at it.

Fess

·
Registered
323 Posts
some cars don't respond as well to the OTS maps, time for a custom tune

·
Premium Member
4,120 Posts
OTS maps are pure sales pitch. You will never benefit from them. A good protune will enhance your cars stregnths, it is well worth the money.....

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys, I know the OTS mapping sucks but I just want to know why my Trap is lower with it flashed. If we had more time I was going to flash to the stock map and see whats up but the track screwed us over and I only got 5 passes total, 2 of which were in the bracket, took 3rd place then went to get drunk. Pro-Tune it is!

·
Registered
3,837 Posts
its lower because the OTS maps are made very conservatively (read: rich) to protect Cobbs' butt(and our motors) for liability reasons if Joe Ricer decides to not follow directions and slaps a bunch of parts on the car that aren't covered by Stg 2. If Joe blows the motor, he'd then post how awful Cobb is, maybe look into legal means to recoup his losses and overall it would be an awful situation.

cliff notes: OTS maps are made to be protuned.

·
IWSTI Club Level 11ty
5,687 Posts
twiSTies said:
its lower because the OTS maps are made very conservatively (read: rich) to protect Cobbs' butt(and our motors) for liability reasons if Joe Ricer decides to not follow directions and slaps a bunch of parts on the car that aren't covered by Stg 2. If Joe blows the motor, he'd then post how awful Cobb is, maybe look into legal means to recoup his losses and overall it would be an awful situation.

cliff notes: OTS maps are made to be protuned.
:yeahthat:

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ok, I sent an Email to both Sloboy and Agile for quotes. I haven't heard back from Agile yet but Sloboy quoted me 395.00 for a Protune on the Dyno and an additional 100.00 for an hour of road tuning. I know Agile has a great name for their pro tunes but is much further to drive than Sloboy. Guess I will wait and see for their pricing.

Fess

·
Registered
3,837 Posts
fastsubie said:
Ok, I sent an Email to both Sloboy and Agile for quotes. I haven't heard back from Agile yet but Sloboy quoted me 395.00 for a Protune on the Dyno and an additional 100.00 for an hour of road tuning. I know Agile has a great name for their pro tunes but is much further to drive than Sloboy. Guess I will wait and see for their pricing.

Fess
Of those two choices, I would go with Agile. They have a very good reputation around here and several cars on here have been done by them.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts